Nike

We're Selling Marty McFly's

FUTURE SHOES!!!

9/9/2011 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0908_back_to_the_future_shoe_launch
The time has come ... Nike is FINALLY selling Marty McFly's futuristic high-tops from "Back to the Future II" ... 4 years before they're supposed to exist.

Here's the catch -- Nike is only releasing 1,500 pairs of the Nike Air Mag ... a shoe that Marty rocked in the year 2015 in the movie.

090811_mcfly_shoes_still

According to NiceKicks.com, the shoe contains an LED panel -- just like in the movie -- and is fully rechargeable ... with each charge fueling around 5 hours of awesomeness.

The shoes are great and all ... but seriously, WHERE THE HELL IS THE HOVERBOARD ALREADY?!

Michael J. Fox went on Letterman last night and talked about the shoe -- reminding people that the $$$ from the sale goes towards a good cause.

0909_fox_letterman_subasset

Trevis Miho

WE DEMAND THE MUTHAF**KIN' HOVERBOARD ALREADY! BRING IT!!

anon.

Glad it's for a good cause.

Trevis Miho

I'd actually buy these...ONLY because of what they are though. I'd spend $200 tops, even though they'll probably go for some weird sh*t like $500 - $1,000.

Char Jackson

The Hoverboard did actually exist The movie used a prototype actually made by Mattel like in the movie I remember hearing this information on a behind the scenes show about the making of Back to the Future

Nostradamus

Looks like something Kanye would wear, maybe J Biebs.
But yeah, that was my first thought "who cares, where's the Mattel hoverboard!"

Ingrid

I agree!!! where is my Hoverboard???!!!!

Michael

Saw them on here & noticed the self lacing patent filed by Nike last year! http://backtothefutureshoes.com/

who dat

Nike sells cheap crap produced with child sweat labor in "sweat shops". These shoes cost no more then $5.00 boxed, shipped to the U.S. and they gouge the idiots that know no different.

No Future

why not just sell them in stores and give a portion of the proceeds to the charity? 1,500 pairs and I just know I won't get one especially not in my dang size.

KnuckleDragger

~Nike has announced that all of the pairs will be auctioned on eBay ... with all of the proceeds going to the Michael J. Fox Foundation ... which helps fund research on Parkinson's Disease.~

If that actually happens...good on them. Parkinsons sucks a d*ck!

Icebaby... is back dude

Shoot, now that you mentioned it; talentless f__ks like Bieber and all those rappers will kill my liking for these sneakers. Aw, well who the hell cares anyway! These classic films came before any of those morons came into existence, I'll buy some! They just look cool, don't really care if they tie themselves. But yeah, bring the hoverboards already!

Shenlon

Am I the only one afraid that the self zip/lace feature would malfunction and squeeze around my leg so tight they would have to amputate ?

chzbrgrmachne

Enough with the hoverboard. I want to know if the shoes have power laces. THAT would be cool. The hoverboard didn't even work over water. It's useless

Zell

i'd buy them if they didn't cost so much.

C

These shoes will be so epic. check out my write up i did on the McFlys www.nextinshow.com

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments