Skinnygirl Margarita

is Full of CRAP ... says Lawsuit

9/8/2011 6:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0908_skinny_girl_bethenney_frankel_bn

It ain't just Whole Foods that has an issue with the ingredients in Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl Margarita -- now, a class action lawsuit has been filed against the company that owns the brand.

In the suit, filed in federal court in California, Reneta Bonar claims she and many other people have been duped by Beam Global Spirits for making "deceptive statements" on the label of Skinnygirl.

According to the lawsuit, Beam advertises the drink as "all natural" -- and claims it contains no preservatives. But Bonar says it's all BS because the drink contains a preservative called sodium benzoate.

Skinnygirl was recently yanked off the shelves at Whole Foods -- after the market decided the drink was not using all natural ingredients.

Bonar is suing to force Beam to "engage in a corrective advertising campaign" ... and pay unspecified damages.

Beam has issued a statement saying, "In today's litigious society, nothing is surprising. The litigation filed in relation to the labeling of Skinnygirl Margarita is frivolous. We will defend our case vigorously, and we are fully confident we will prevail."

0901_skinny_girl_subasset

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Robert

I don't understand the "All Natural" label. And what constitutes being non-natural. I don't see the "no preservatives" on the label. It has sodium benzoate which comes from sodium from Benzoate Acid which is found in cranberries, prunes, greengage plums, cinnamon, ripe cloves, and apples. That sounds natural to me.

Ron Paul

If u wanna be good.looking then eat food and water thats is as natural as possible.

melissa

Tastes like crap anyways.

mp

Not surprised. People sniff out that you made some money & want to sue you for whatever they can. B****es can't stand to see you doing better than them. Tsk tsk.

Kat

I must say that I wanted to give her drink a try....but sorry to say that it taste TERRIBLE! It has no good flavor to it, I don't see what this drink has to offer. I think she did not have regular women taste it before she put it out there. She must have had her OWN friends taste it, and they were too nice to say it tastes like CRAP.

Sour Taste

The one bottle of Skinnygirl I bought cost me $17.00. It tasted nasty. I was determined to drink it b/c it cost me so much,but it took me about three weeks to force myself to drink it and when finally I did I chased it with water. I'd rather be sober than drink that pig swill ever again...

bailey

I don't know how many things say that they are "all natural" and yet they are not. Lets go suing all of them too! Get over people! Get a life! People should really do their homework on how many products we drink & eat that say that they are "all natural" and really they're not. Just sayin.

sue

This stuff is gross and so is the Cosmo...both made me actually vomit and I only drank one drink of each at different times to boot!!!

pk

okay, it's been a while and maybe my facts inaccurate, but I found that Skinny Girl vodka had a lower alcohol content and a proportionate higher caloric count. This was disappouinting as I always seek the highest alocohol content AND the lowest
# of calories. Verify this for yourselves,.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5