AIDS Foundation

The Game Is COMPLETELY Misinformed

9/9/2011 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0908_the_game_san_fran_2EX
The Game was merely perpetuating "myths and stereotypes" when he implied all closeted gay men have AIDS ... this according to the San Francisco AIDS Foundation.

The SFAF has issued a statement, claiming Game's comments in a recent interview about the gay community are "a powerful reminder that despite the tremendous progress made debunking myths and stereotypes about how HIV is spread, we still have work to do."

The foundation notes, "[Game] seems to be confusing two important facts -- that black and gay communities continue to bare the brunt of the U.S. epidemic."

"Experts agree that the hype around people on the 'down low' driving new infections among either group is just that -- hype."

The SFAF claims they want to speak with The Game because "we'd welcome the chance to help him better understand HIV risk and prevention so he can use his voice to inform and empower."

thrillticket

Not sure where the people in the foundation live. But where i'm from, The Game is right on point with what he is saying. I'm gay(female) and I've known a lot of DL men who have died and some who are currently having sex with women while having HIV. You can't say that is the only reason for the rise in cases. But you can say that it contributes to it. Especially in the Black communities.I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I have seen it all.

ThaTruth

OK I'm going to risk catching a lot of flack here but as the name suggests, I speak the truth...
The outrageously offensive stereotypical comments made by the Game are on par with me saying that all black people are not good for anything but committing crimes and collecting welfare.
Doesn't feel so good to hear it. Does it?
I think black people are great and even carried the last name Washington for a while - I'm merely illustrating how damaging and hurtful ignorant words can be.... And it's sad I should have to break it down like this....

clydebeddo

big words from a closet grape jelly eatin fool.

Elizabeth

You guys,

Read up on the SFAF website! They do promote safe sex! Holy cow! Don't jump on a foundation doing great work, just because you haven't educated yourself.
They clearly just want to talk to The Game and educate him! If you're going to speak out on a subject like this, you better be able to use your words properly, or you're going to be ridiculed. As he should!

vp

There must be another clip because I never heard him say "all closeted gay men have aids." What I did hear is that pretending to be straight with women, and having gay sex on the side, puts these women at a higher risk than if you were not engaging in gay sex. That's a true statement.He also said, "Be gay and be proud." His message was to be honest and not deceitful. Don't put people at an ufair risk. At least if your female partners know you engage in homosexual sex they can make their own informed decision as to what risks they are willing to take. Since when is honesty a bad thing?

wow

Don't understand why some people are upset with the game. It's obvious his words were taken out of context but anyone with a brain in their head knows what he's saying to be true. Not all gay people have aids but men on the down low have a greater chance of developing and spreading the disease to other men and women. I believe Oprah had a show on this issue last year.
I detest these men who're irresponsible and cowards. One man even tried to cast the blame on his wife after he slept with several men and developed the disease. They should come out of the closet and use proper protection. They need to stop dating or marrying women.
Everyone should use protection, especially young people who feel that they're invincible. There's a great deal of experimentation going on nowadays. Married people are having affairs and that also puts them at risk of bringing something home.
One of my coworkers was in love with a man who died from aids. She found out he was sleeping with a number of men and women.
Here in Canada, Aids is on the rise within the Native Canadian community and when we travel to countries where there's a stigma attached to homosexuality we often hear of the increasing number of Aids and HIV people within the community.
This disease should be on the decline and it's not. People are obviously in denial and not using protection. Let's get real and stop hiding our heads in the sands. Talk to your children and friends about the danger of unprotected sex. I actually spoke to female tourists about this while I was on holiday in the tropics. I've worked with HIV positive teenagers and even had to inform them they were carriers.
The game isn't stupid. He's 100% correct. Don't shoot the messenger.
TMZ shouldn't twist what he's saying to get hits. People need to know about this issue.

David

Dont care for blacks or gays, but the truth is the truth and the game spoke the truth. You should know these days game that even for blacks its not ok to be politically incorrect and speak the truth out in the open. When you speak an unpopular truth aloud you must feel the wrath of certain "organizations"

CC

I guess TMZ doesn't want to face the facts since they deleted my original
post.  Essentially what I said is The Game is probably right.  The
homos want to try and make this a race issue when it isn't, it's a homo issue.
When the CDC says that 78.4% of the new cases of HIV are due to homos it should
get someone's attention.  See for yourself in the stats reported by
transmission category in the latest data available (for 2009):

The numbers speak for themselves.  And considering the fact that a vast
number of homos are technically bi-sexual it would seem The Game actually has
his facts straight.

So why is it that groups like the SFAF want to distort the facts and try and
make this a race issue?  It's simple, they want to garner support for a
cause that is mostly created by a group of people who

Refuse to control their behavior and
Refuse to participate in regular testing and
Do not communicate the risks of their lifestyle or past partners with
their current partner and
Will not use appropriate protection measures when engaged in sexual
activity

Rogue Warrior

Hopefully, he tells them to F OFF!! It's his opinion and he shouldn't sell out to these weirdos who are just like GLAAD.

bunny

The last time I heard the Game's theory was in the 80's. Remember back then, everyone thought it was a Gay disease.

Scuba Girl

BARE??? REALLY!?!?!

KenzieQ

The most pathetic thing about all this is The Game is using an issue that he really doesn't have the facts about to get publicity to sell his failing album. Some artists in the black community seem to think it's cool to use the gay community for media attention.

GWP

I think his comments have been taken out of context!!! I think he has a great point. His point was if you are seeing someone that you need to be honest and up-front about your past sexual realationshps. That person has a right to know that you perfer both. With this knowledge people can make an informed decision as to wether they want to involve themselfs with that person!!!

Grim Reaper

As I commented yesterday, The Game is Ign'ant as Hell!!!!

Leader of the ignorant masses

Wait they were surprised that this guy was talking out his ass and got all the facts wrong? The only thing that surprises me about this guy is that he can walk upright and form complete sentences. Although not surprisingly most of those sentences are full of ****.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments