'Austin Powers' Villain

LIFE IN PRISON

For Torturing Woman

9/9/2011 12:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0829-joseph-hyungmin-son-mugshot

The actor who played bad guy Random Task in "Austin Powers" has been sentenced to life in prison for his role in the brutal gang rape and torture of a woman on Christmas Eve in 1990.

Joseph Hyungmin Son
had been found guilty of felony torture -- for an incident in which a young woman was kidnapped, shoved into the back of a trunk ... and then raped and sodomized multiple times by Son and another man.

During today's hearing, an Orange County, CA judge ruled that Son may become eligible for parole during his sentence.

The victim, who wishes to remain anonymous, released a statement to the court saying, "My emotional scars are intense. My twenties were stripped from my life as I relearned how to walk, see, hear and cope with the outside world again."

She adds, "Joseph Son not only cost me my job at my salon but also my college savings ... not to mention the impact it's made on celebrating Christmas year after year."

shadough

Wait, this happened in 1990, and he had a movie role in Austin Powers and is now being sentenced? Only in Hollyweird.

Beaglegirl61

That is too easy of a sentence for these people that rape abuse--etc.---Why does John Q Public have to pay for these people to have 3 aquare meals a day--bed to sleep in, clean clothes etc.---this why the American people are broke---we should not have to pay for these criminals.. Why do we get punished this way. Our system is messed up!!!!

fioo hoos

he gets 3sqs aday a bed a bath a roof and medical.While our war heros get the streets no food no medical no bed no roof and no calls and die in the streets to defend that bad slump in jail.I`d make the bad jail slumps slave to pay to keep the war heros off the streets and if those slumps did`nt work than they don`t eat don`t get a bed no bath and a concrete floor with no roof or heat and than thye`ll see what it`s like to be a war hero still programmed in battle feild mindset..he`ll get his in there

fioo hoos

He gets 3sqs aday a bed a roof and a shower.WHILE our war heros get the streets concrete no bed no shower no food plus death in the streets for defending this slump in jail.Just don`t seen right.I`d rather pay the war hero to get off the streets and let the bad guy slave to pay for the war heros off the streets

shadough

Hollyweird full of pedos, rapists, and murderers, the same bunch that try to tell everyone else how to live and who to vote for. What a toilet bowl.

fioo hoos

He eats his peanut butter right in the jar and his will get packed full of nuts the way he likes it.GROSS get a hooker next time or F the sheep in your warped head

UnderstandingFemale

Hope his fellow inmates take full advantage of him.

dustyshake

It seems he was very very hard TUP^ and carzy so micheal meyers hired him to play a crazy?seems22fishy 4real life maybe plowers was boffin with thdas? duddy duddy smit eatin buddies?

hahahha

I remember this guy at ufc4 when keith hackney punched him in the ***** 7 multiple times. He was Kimo's trainer

VictoriaGirl

This guy should NEVER be eligible for parole. "Life in Prison" should mean exactly that, LIFE without the possibility of ever getting out.

Tammy

This story needs to be rewritten properly to give the backaground information!! Furthermore, what happened to his partner in crime? Was he also arrested? Or doesn't it matter because he's not a celebrity?

Whatever

Normally I am not that wild about the death penalty. Not a political zealot about it and I don't protest it, but I don't think every guy who's killed is guilty. Sometimes it's the wrong thing to do. However in this case, it would have been the right thing to do. Symbolically at least, since we don't really ever get around to executing anyone in Calif.

Whatever

Just Googled the guy, and I found the full story on Huffington Post. It too*****il 2008 and DNA technology to catch this guy. He was off probably raping others all that time. She was raped WITH HIS GUN, too. Back to my earlier post, death penalty would have been an acceptable punishment. Here's the shortened URL to the Huff Post story: http://huff.to/pa69jt

James Fergison

I knew this guy!!! My mom and I had room mates years ago when i was a kid, and he was friends with one of the room mates. Went fishing with him and everything, so trippy!!!

dustyshake

there are just way too many patterns with meyers and this bad guy for mike not to have known whom this bad guy is and alot of his shaggin bits seem just up that bad guy`s tassy tassels.For your whole movie to be based on the seem kind of content and for the ^^^ satellite age of crime bosses at SNL NBC=bad guys=more bad guys= mike knew and cast this bad guy as a bad guy for pay back for the bad shaggin bits

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments