'Austin Powers' Villain

LIFE IN PRISON

For Torturing Woman

9/9/2011 12:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0829-joseph-hyungmin-son-mugshot

The actor who played bad guy Random Task in "Austin Powers" has been sentenced to life in prison for his role in the brutal gang rape and torture of a woman on Christmas Eve in 1990.

Joseph Hyungmin Son
had been found guilty of felony torture -- for an incident in which a young woman was kidnapped, shoved into the back of a trunk ... and then raped and sodomized multiple times by Son and another man.

During today's hearing, an Orange County, CA judge ruled that Son may become eligible for parole during his sentence.

The victim, who wishes to remain anonymous, released a statement to the court saying, "My emotional scars are intense. My twenties were stripped from my life as I relearned how to walk, see, hear and cope with the outside world again."

She adds, "Joseph Son not only cost me my job at my salon but also my college savings ... not to mention the impact it's made on celebrating Christmas year after year."

jessica

in cases like this i think the saying "do on to others as u would want done to u" should be allowed in our justice system. im sure he'll get what he deserves in prison. its not like hes a big time celebrity they will keep him with the other rapist. hes disgusting to even look at...

Billdo

Interesting that this happened 7 years before the first Austin Powers release - he should have been locked up way before even staring in the movie!

PATRICK

Ok enough of reading about these stories of people who do either horrible or stupid things and get away with it i need to vent. This s***bag should be on national tv live and executed for the whole country to see. Prison will only make him worse than he already is. And for all of you who think the world is roses and daisies after watching him killed on live tv would you ever consider doing what he did to anyone knowing what will happen to you when you get caught. Would put an end to those type crimes in no time.

V

Details can be found in the local news at ocregister.com :

Pompano Ann

What an animal he should have his parts removed!

agree

Sometimes you just have to put sh*t behind you and live on, no matter how bad it was.

Rob

Oh come ON! He is an "actor", he can't be held accountable!

fioo hoos

Shagging gang banging mobsters`ss from NBC SNL with real bad guys behind them for free bits for bit parts same old mobsters at SNL as shagging buddie`ss on satellite flash mobs and scanners

LIsa

OK, This guy deserves this sentence, and what he did was horrible and I feel really bad for the victim, but what I don't get is that he didn't kill anyone. So why are murderers getting off with less when they should be getting life or death penalty? Can't the government see why the world is the way it is. BRING BACK THE DEALTH PENALTY..

Justin

He was a UFC fighter at one point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVr2T_cBA_s&feature=related In this fight he got a taste of what prison will be like lol

kitnplayn

The American Justice System is letting everyone down. This animal should never be released back into the public, considering he has does not value society or the lives within it. When violent criminals are released back into society and repeat their behaviours, it then becomes an equal crime of both the criminal and their government accomplice.

MP

I've always felt that the crime of rape deserved the death penalty or life in prison. If you rape another person you don't deserve a second chance. Our society is way too lenient regarding crime.

Bad Motherhugger

In response to all the people fantasizing about all kinds of harsh prison rape, mutilation, torture and execution scenarios. That all sounds nice to me, too - but it wouldn't work to reduce crimes. The strategy of excessive punishment does not work. For example: The readoption of capital punishment has not brought the murder rates down. Absurdly long imprisonments for drug users have not reduced the number of drug users. Known child molesters are treated worse than lepers but the number of pedophiles does not decrease.

Violent crimes are predominantly committed on the spur of the moment, spontaneous and in an emotionally charged state of mind. The vast majority of people who are about to commit violent crimes don't ponder on the consequences at the decisive moment.

If it were that easy as you think it is in your outrage and anger, we probably wouldn't even remember the last time a murder or a rape happened in the history of mankind. Even the earliest ancient societies already tried to eradicate crime with excessive punishment. And it didn't work. It hasn't worked in the last 10,000 years and it won't work now. I wi***** did, I really do. But it doesn't. Sorry!

Please feel free to hammer on that "dislike" button if it makes you feel better for the moment. Call me names if you must. The facts won't change. Unfortunately.

kim

He should have received the death penalty! No Parole - ever!!!

Kàt

Just my oppinion: but I think they should take the two men out and snuff um. They knew exactly what they were doing to this woman, and didn't give a Sh*t. Her life is forever changed. No mercy for these guys. I'm sick and tired of hearing how these people get life, only then to get paroled. What????????? Makes no sence.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments