CBS

So Sorry We Said

Steve Jobs Died

9/9/2011 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0823_steve_jobs_bn_2
CBS's web series -- "What's Trending" -- tweeted an item which said, "Reports say that Steve Jobs has passed away.  Stay tuned for more updates."

But almost immediately, they yanked the item and tweeted an apology of sorts: "Reports of Steve Job's [sic] death completely unconfirmed."

0823_steve_jobs_tweet

Notice CBS didn't say it wasn't true -- they're just saying they have no idea one way or the other.

Oops.

Kagran

Let him die in peace;why is interesting to haunt him?

ADAM

GET ME HARVEY LEVIN ASAP.

IMPORTANT

Sandra

No excuse for ignorant and stupid behaviour of CBS !! This man looks like he is not long for this earth! Please leave him alone!!

JOBS a GONNA

SELL those F**KING crApple SHARES like they are SLUMPING LIKE MAD (they are :D)

DON'T let this crApple FUD let his family/crApple bosses SELL their and make profit out of your
IGNORANCE!

SELL! SELL! SELL!SELL! SELL! SELL!SELL! SELL! SELL!SELL!

HE IS DEAD - its crApple doing its usual SLY $$$$ damage limitation - HAVE YOU NOT SEEN those INDITING pictures which against the cults SHOCKING DENIAL (the thing that was really UNREAL) were proved to be genuine its hardly a surprise its just a week or 2 early then those pics + those professionals who are familiar with TERMINAL end stage cancer have expected

SteveIsAn iConArtist

I hope he dies soon. Don't beleive Apple Don't trust Apple. I was given thousands of stock options for good performance only to have them ALL stolen right before the price went up. I tried suing them, including their head con-artist Steve Jobs, only to find out that they OWN the California/Palo Alto kangooroo courts. This was after I was completely humiliated and my reputation was destroyed before they fired me. Apple consists of a bunch of uneducated riffraff that occasionally hire educated engineers (like me) who do all the work before they are either fired or leave in complete disgust. Now they are planting their moles in GOOGLE(with fake credentials of course, and who forget to mention they worked for Apple in their resumes) so that they can spy on google's technology and forward google's ideas back to their head moles in apple...and they isolate people like me because I'm supposedly a "spy"...

screenplay1999

NYtimes goes after an ailing Steve Jobs, and CBS tweets he died---and people criticize TMZ?[rolls eyes]

Monica

Well, the way he's lived, I'm sure we'll find out long after his passing that it actually happened. I was still holding out hope that he'd survive but with this story...doesn't look very good. Goodness, I'll miss his work.. God Bless.

VD

I hope he feels better, few people in the world has the capacity, is a brilliant guy!

Jon

Apple announced that he passed. His wiki page has already been updated.

spj

Thank you Mr. Steve Jobs for your great inventions. I just love my Macbook and IMAC 27inch. lol, you are one of the greats.

Sonnet

Not to mention that USA Today still has it as on a banner at the very top of their online page...

Annie

Steve Jobs Is Actually Dead Now.... This Is So Weird That They Apologize For Mishap Few Weeks Ago Then It Actually Came True... Remember Steve Jobs. . .

Heather

He just passed away.. So I guess that was true.

Juan

www.apple.com

please..

John

Check Apple.com hes really dead. Rest In Peace Steve Jobs.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments