Moby

I Can Celebrate My

9/11 Birthday Again

9/11/2011 6:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0911_moby_video
Birthdays for Moby are bittersweet -- because the native New Yorker was born on September 11, 1965 ... and he told us yesterday it took him a few years after 9/11 to begin to celebrate his birthday on that day again.

But Moby says he's come to grips with what happened and is able to celebrate it now, saying, "It's been 10 years and a lot of NYers ... I think we grieved for a while, but it happened a while ago. So I think we've sort of left the grieving behind."

And now you'll never forget ... Moby's birthday.

ladyofargonne

I was born on Christmas. Just celebrate on another day. And get over it Moby. You're not a kid.

monal

I can relate. 9/11 is my wedding anniversary. Today we are celebrating 18 years. It was hard after 9/11/2001 to do any celebrating. But now we are. We still think about those who died but we must move on with our own lives.

monal

HumanNature

PEOPLE

YOUR BIRTHDAY IS "EVERYDAY""!!!!

LIVE AND CELEBRATE LIFE TO THE FULLEST, EVERYDAY!!!!

LIVE IT NOW!!!

Yesterday, today and tomorrow

There are two days in every week we should not worry about, two days that should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One is yesterday, with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains.

Yesterday has passed, forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed. Nor can we erase a single word we've said - yesterday is gone.

The other day we shouldn't worry about is tomorrow, with its possible adversities,
Its burdens, its large promise and poor performance.

Tomorrow is beyond our control.

Tomorrow's sun will rise either in splendour or behind a mask of clouds but it will rise. And until it does,we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.

This leaves only one day - today. Any person can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when we add the burdens of yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.

It is not the experience of today that drives people mad - it is the remorse of bitterness for something that happened yesterday, and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

Let us, therefore, live one day at a time!

PEACE

bob

what a selfish way to make it about him.

Crystal

One of my friends has a b-day on that day too, it was a weird story to explain to her when she didn't know why we felt sorry for her, she had no idea about 9/11 since she was too young to remember.

Bill Leslie

Poor baby - I'm glad we got that sorted out for him. "you're too old let go its over, nobody listens to techno."

Cyndi

Who is Moby?

Madeline

My husbands birthday is also 9.11. We still celebrate but very low key and just us two. Crazy thing also, his father's birthday is 12.7 - the day Pearl Harbor was attacked.

chaz lane

Yeah, way to make it about you Moby...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3