T.I.

Prison Officials Block Lawyer

From Fighting Re-Imprisonment

9/13/2011 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0913_ti_tmz_EX
T.I.
is up the creek without a paddle -- because TMZ has learned, prison officials in Atlanta have barred the rapper's lawyer from challenging the decision to put him back in prison.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons sent T.I.'s lawyer a letter yesterday, explaining the rapper was "not entitled to legal counsel" during the process by which officials review the decision to lock him up again.

T.I.'s lawyer originally sent the Bureau a letter last week, asking to be present at the hearings -- but the Bureau flat out rejected him.

According to the Bureau's response, two hearings have already occurred without T.I.'s lawyer present -- one last week and one the week before -- but it's unclear what transpired.

Melissa

How does he get sent back to prison for having a business meeting, but Lohan pretty much gets off for stealing a $2500 necklace?

Bob

If you can't do the time don't do the crime!!!

AntiSocialForum.com

Sounds like Russia or China. But that's the way the country is headed. Most of you won't realize it until it's too late.

meme

I don't give a hoot about TI, but I'm a little pissed off that he is somehow "not entitled to legal counsel". This whole thing is stupid, prison officials HELPED him get on that bus. And then they put him back in jail? Bizarre.

Suck it up, TI. Serve your time, GTFO and then sue them.

c

Awww, you mean he can't throw his money around or shove his high-priced lawyers in their face to get off this time? Poor wittle baby.

Alex

Who is Martha Stewart to have private planes from out of prison? Why do people have so much things bad to say about him!!! stop defending wrong doing by being blind to double standards!!!!! This is to petty to value anybodys opinion at this point.

en Todo Momento!!

did they postmark the do***ent with: 'You kno How We Do!'?...

Cecilia

How can you have any kind of hearing in this country and have someone "not entitled to legal counsel"

I'm not any kind of fan or anything - but he should be entitled to legal advice and counsel 24/7 - and the same goes for anyone else.

If he so much as breaks a nail - He is entitled to legal counsel.

Natalia

Honestly I feel for the guy. I don't condone his illegal actions, but our justice/court system is a like a black hole. Once you get sucked in, it's very hard to get out. It is out his and his lawyer's control and if they are trying to prove a point, they will hold him for whatever reason they want. It's a sad situation, but you have to wonder why we have so many repeat criminals and folks that can't seem to keep clean on probation? Hmm perhaps the probation terms are hard to keep for 99% of these people where these lifestyles are the norm.

I am Spartacus

don't we have better things to waste money on than this? If the jail was so concerned about his transportation then shouldn't they have been the ones that provided it, not the inmate?

The Neko Nation

Put this idiot where he belongs in prison and out of society.

Kaytee

How in the world can someone not be entitled legal counsel? This is all so very very weird... The prison let him and saw him leave in his big tour bus... If that was not allowed then they should have never let him leave in it to begin with. I dunno... it's just all kinda strange to me

Mick

This is just what T.I's Agent wants. Truth is, ***** grew up in a rich neighborhood, went to a wealthy private school and had rich parents. Fool wanna go on stage rappin about struggle and hustlin? Dude never hustled a day in his life had everything handed to him on a silver platter. This ****s about his image, making him tougher and a thug when hes not. T.I. is what rich white folks think gangstas are.

YouPeopleAreDumb

Mzoctober, are you serious? Racist? Do you even know what TI did to land himself in this situation compared to Lohan and Hilton? Some people are so ignorant is amazes me. Pull the race card because I have no valid argument!@#

M

Hopefully at least his brain can be present.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments