T.I.

Prison Officials Block Lawyer

From Fighting Re-Imprisonment

9/13/2011 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0913_ti_tmz_EX
T.I.
is up the creek without a paddle -- because TMZ has learned, prison officials in Atlanta have barred the rapper's lawyer from challenging the decision to put him back in prison.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons sent T.I.'s lawyer a letter yesterday, explaining the rapper was "not entitled to legal counsel" during the process by which officials review the decision to lock him up again.

T.I.'s lawyer originally sent the Bureau a letter last week, asking to be present at the hearings -- but the Bureau flat out rejected him.

According to the Bureau's response, two hearings have already occurred without T.I.'s lawyer present -- one last week and one the week before -- but it's unclear what transpired.

MsRita

Maybe the FB1

Sincerity

@kaytee

I couldn't agree more! Aren't there "real" violent offenders they should be much more worried about releasing from prison??? T.I. is just an "entertainer" who's trying to rebuild his life. This entire affair is really a waste of taxpayers dollars. It sounds as if someone wants a "payoff" which is why he's being denied any legal counsel. A lawyer would automatically file extortion charges against the prison officials.

tellmeaboutit

Good. The guy's a very slow learner.

TheUltraworld

This idiot couldn't just leave jail and go to the halfway house. He has to have a $500,000 tour bus and entourage pick him up.He's been a convicted felon since he was 17. He plays the victim, but parole is a privileged not a right. They are not messing around with him, time to show some respect.

Rogue Warrior

Mark my words, he will get out and dedicate an entire album to humiliating these control freaks with no lives!

Leader of the ignorant masses

Thought you would be cool taking off on a tour bus huh. How did that work out for you?

Mimi

Not entitled to legal counsel???? WTF!! Isn't that a violation of his RIGHTS?

ghfghfg

the justice system needs a maintenance check anyway... we all know TI's a nice guy... it's not his fault he's paranoid cuz everyone knows who he is

MamaSess

What does it even matter HOW he was transported from prison anyway? So ridiculous. T.I is such a nice guy, he would have ridden a bike if that's what they wanted him to do. No one had anything to say the day of when they were all taking pictures in front of it to show the grandkids! DUMB.

ManiacalZebra

How can he not have the right to an attorney? I can't say that I like the guy or care at all about what happens to him, but no attorney? Something's not right about that.

Victor