« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Former NFL Pro Bowler

I'M DEAD BROKE

... and Living with My Parents

9/15/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0914_chris_mcalister_EX_01

Former NFL bad ass Chris McAlister -- who signed a $55 MILLION contract in 2004 -- claims he's BROKE AS A JOKE and living with his parents ... this according to court docs obtained by TMZ.

The ex-Baltimore Ravens defensive superstar has just filed new documents in his child support war with his ex-wife Marlene in the hopes of  lowering his $11,000 per month obligation.

In the docs, Chris -- a 1st round NFL draft pick in 1999 who played in the league for 10 years -- states, "I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income."

He adds, "I live in my parent's home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so."

McAlister was a KEY member of the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl in 2000 ... and even got himself an interception during the big game.

McAlister was only married to Marlene for 13 months -- but she claims Chris ended the relationship in 2009 when she got pregnant and refused to get an abortion.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cheetara

Can't really feel sorry for someone who was once a millionaire but now a~~ broke, and no doubt from stupidity.
He probably spent his $$ on big mansions, gaudy bling, exotic animals and weed--all of which are unnecessary.

Meanie

Another idiot paid too much money and they blew it all because they are brainless. No surprise here.

Heather

I am from Baltimore and saw Chris McAlister in a strip club one night about 6 years ago throwing money on top of girls like it was no object. Not the best financial plan!I don't feel sorry for him at all and he should be embarrassed to have squandered his money and now living with his parents.

vrackling

I never heard of this guy, but before even clicking on this article I knew he was going to be a black guy. ( I'm black myself)

Dyanna

Story sounds so familiar. My sons Dad is an ex NFL player crying broke and claims his mother is helping him pay bills. He's told the court he is cutting grass and doing odd jobs to stay afloat. But yet and still has managed to take trips and vacation in Hawaii. Seems to me the NFL needs to do an accounting class because NFL players seem to be bad with handling their money

THE HEISS

HOW!!! Can anyone be that ignorant ?? Blow through that much $$$

eve from eden

A man who says kill the kids but still has sex. He's just another tribal welfare low end loser with millions in stash.

Sloane

even if he didn't get the entire 55 million
when you take away the money for taxes, to pay his agent etc. (not sure exactly what expenses pro-athletes have??) he woulld still have tons more left than anyone of us ocould ever earn in our lifetime
no excuse for living off mom and dad unless he's hiding funds
mom and dad need to quit enabling him and boot him out- money or not..he can get a job and take care of himself

Broncho4

Not to be callous here but WHO CARES? Am I supposed to feel sad that he blew through a generational fortune? Get a job and get out of your parents house you loser.

Jenny

Let's play HIde the Assets!!! They all get good laywers and claim they are broke. The money is in hiding somewhere I bet . . . . .

tessa

'bout time to bring these ridiculous athletic salaries back down to earth, doncha think? what an idiot to blow 55 million.

LErv

Why so many race comments? "tribal"? really? some of you guys are as big of LOSERS as Chris M. GET A LIFE, there are people from every race on both side of the fence. To comment about this, This guy is brainless, to really have blow that much cash and have nothing to show for it. These Kid that are getting that much money need, who probably never had much, really need people in their corner that they can trust to advise them. Its a shame but he is a grown man, i have no sympathy. I wish him the best

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Typical ghettoblinger..... nothing new here.

Mike

**** that sorry ass *****, you got no excuse for being broke

karlew

How do you spell loser? C H R I S M C A L I S T E R.