« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Former NFL Pro Bowler

I'M DEAD BROKE

... and Living with My Parents

9/15/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0914_chris_mcalister_EX_01

Former NFL bad ass Chris McAlister -- who signed a $55 MILLION contract in 2004 -- claims he's BROKE AS A JOKE and living with his parents ... this according to court docs obtained by TMZ.

The ex-Baltimore Ravens defensive superstar has just filed new documents in his child support war with his ex-wife Marlene in the hopes of  lowering his $11,000 per month obligation.

In the docs, Chris -- a 1st round NFL draft pick in 1999 who played in the league for 10 years -- states, "I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income."

He adds, "I live in my parent's home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so."

McAlister was a KEY member of the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl in 2000 ... and even got himself an interception during the big game.

McAlister was only married to Marlene for 13 months -- but she claims Chris ended the relationship in 2009 when she got pregnant and refused to get an abortion.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Tammy

I think it's unfair that TWO people make a baby, but only ONE gets to decide what happens after thatt. However, since a family is the essential reason for getting married, I wonder why he married her if he didn't want kids with her.

Chris

African Americans and money. They don't mix...

Jim Jones

Who cares, I hope this happens to more NFL players...Lazy *****!

shellian

I HOPE HE BOUGHT HIS MOM A REEEALLY BIG HOUSE! LMAO!!

Whatevs

Wonder if he's also broke as a joke in places like Switzerland and the Cayman Islands ;)

JB

NFL players can get retirement after playing in the nfl for 5 years. They receive $5,000 a month (not a ton of cash) but 60k a year someone can live on.

Rebecca

Simple advice ... DON'T live like a pimp. That's why your dumb ass is broke. DFN.

HamptonsHarry

I understand people having to move back home with the parents or get help from the parents but this idiot has NO excuse. If you had 55 million dollars 6 years ago you should be very well off.

Fuck Celebrities

Why would anyone give a flying ******* about a football player?

What the hell ever happened to celebrity gossip?

TMZ is doomed.

THE HEISS

Dude has money stashed somewhere. He needs to MAN UP and take care of his child.Maybe he can't afford to pay THAT much in support,but he needs to take care of the child that he brought into this world.What a LOSER !!

Rico

Besides the racist apparent in these comments, his level of broke is not a regular person's level of broke. He is only claiming he is broke to avoid paying $11K a month for Child Support. In the law firm that I worked in prior to my new career, there were a lot of lawyers, doctors, and officers who claimed they were broke(money tied up in investments) to avoid alimony and child support. Its not just black people...

HMMMM

Bet your parents are ever so thrilled and proud of you. Support your child you loser. You brought her into this world, she didn't ask to be born. GET A JOB.

She's baaaack

Dearie, it's not that I mean to be rude, but you had all that money and you blew through it. Now you understand where the term "ni**er rich" came from.

Gooniesneversaydie11

What a moron. He and his wife are complete dip****s and the sad part is, his child is going to suffer. Of course he wanted an abortion, the guy clearly is not capable of any sort of serious responsibility. As for his wife, what kind of kid needs $11,000 a month? There are people in this country who barely make that much money working full time. ( especially after you count taxes ). He's an idiot for not saving his money, and his wife is a moron for bringing a child into this world so that they could be used as a ticket for the gravy train. How do you run out of $50 million? You could buy a brand new BMW every week for the next 20 years!!!!!!

Barbara

Who needs $11,000 to care for a child. I raised 3 on my own, no support or state aid. I went to court a few times but gave up with non-compliance from the ex. I think she is very greedy.