« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Former NFL Pro Bowler

I'M DEAD BROKE

... and Living with My Parents

9/15/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0914_chris_mcalister_EX_01

Former NFL bad ass Chris McAlister -- who signed a $55 MILLION contract in 2004 -- claims he's BROKE AS A JOKE and living with his parents ... this according to court docs obtained by TMZ.

The ex-Baltimore Ravens defensive superstar has just filed new documents in his child support war with his ex-wife Marlene in the hopes of  lowering his $11,000 per month obligation.

In the docs, Chris -- a 1st round NFL draft pick in 1999 who played in the league for 10 years -- states, "I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income."

He adds, "I live in my parent's home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so."

McAlister was a KEY member of the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl in 2000 ... and even got himself an interception during the big game.

McAlister was only married to Marlene for 13 months -- but she claims Chris ended the relationship in 2009 when she got pregnant and refused to get an abortion.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

HamptonsHarry

Dumb Dumb Dumb!!

Carl

Yeah, him and 80% of former NFL players. A study was done a while back showing that 4 in 5 former players end up declaring bankruptcy.

Jenny

Let's play HIDE THE ASSETS!!!

Sandra

I agree he should pay but really $11.000 a month That is completely absurd

CCC

Oh well. Give me 55 million and I can live on that for the rest of my life. How do you go through that much money?

Equal Ops

Pro Athletes have gotten wise to the other game. Pretend to be broke in order to reduce the child support payments when your career is over. Terrel Owens even cried. Ocho is already acting insane as the end get near. By any means necessary to get those payments to the exs down. These guys are no more broke than Prince Charles.

ThisDayDone

Here's an idea: get a job! This is ridiculous. He blows through $55 million and cries about his life? Get over yourself man and do what the rest of us do...work for a living.

Rogue Warrior

I've mismanaged some money in my lifetime, however had it been to this caliber, I would have already went out and RA'd myself. It should be illegal to piss away this kind of coin!

Sandra

A fool and his money soon part!!

Rogue Warrior

This from Yahoo Sports, a little more perspective;

In 2004, he signed a seven-year, $55 million contract. Now, some of that was money that he never saw, and he was released after five years of the contract, so it wouldn't be accurate to say he completely squandered $55 million.

But he did squander plenty. The signing bonus was reportedly $10 million, and it also included a $7.5 million roster bonus for 2005. The year before he signed the contract, he made almost $6 million. The last two years of the $55 million contract, which McAlister didn't see, were worth $8 million each.

riga

Once the bright lights fade no body knows your name or gives a rats behind who you were.you are just another name.

CelebJustice

Oh geez... color me surprised. The way these guys go thru money is ridiculous! Do you really think those hangers on and women hoping to get knocked up care about you? I don't feel sorry for this idiot in the least.

Bill from Flagstaff

i have no sympathy for a guy who blows through more money than I will earn in mhy whole lifetime in a few years--his parents should kick him out. Get a job, you loser--even if it's at McDonalds!

Sammy

Can't wait until this happens to Kobe

Ed Lucas

I bet you anything his parents house is one he bought and probably a mansion. I bet anything this guy turned all his money over to his parents, so technically he doesn't have anything in his name. He probably has funds hidden in a swiss bank account too