« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Judge to NBA Owner:

Your Nanny

DESERVED to be Fired!!

9/14/2011 12:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0914_herbert_simon_getty4_EX
Indiana Pacers
owner Herb Simon and his Miss Universe wife were totally right to fire two of the most UNGRATEFUL employees on the planet ... so says an L.A. judge.

Simon just scored a huge victory over his former nanny and his former driver -- who both accused the NBA owner and his wife Bui of treating them like crap and cheating them out of a TON of cash.

Today, the court tentatively found that the Simons were not only in the right -- but the judge implied they are the most GENEROUS bosses ever ... who showered their former nanny with gifts like diamonds, iPods, Prada sandals, cash and even a MERCEDES ... out of the goodness of their hearts.

The accusations against the Simons were ridiculous -- with the nanny claiming the couple tried to embarrass her when they hosted a dinner at a fancy restaurant and failed to propose a toast to her pregnancy ... and ultimately fired her for being knocked up. The judge didn't buy her story one bit.

As for the driver -- the judge noted that he constantly fell asleep in court ... and was hardly believable as a witness.  The judge also noted how WELL he was treated by the Simons ... who also got a bunch of gifts as well as a $7,500 bonus so he could buy a new car.

Bottom line -- next time the Simons are hiring ... APPLY, APPLY, APPLY!!!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

karen

The Simons are, indeed, very wealthy. But they are great people who donate millions
to help others. These two who tried to sue them were ungrateful, selfish and really stupid!
Who would try to win a suit against them???

MarieChristen

There are thousands of people without jobs trying to support their families and these self serving people are complaining about having a high paying job, with health insurance, generous bonus' and luxury gifts. I mean how many people even get to drive a mercedes let alone be given one as a gift from their boss! Seriously this is just disgusting. I commend the Simon's for being such great employers, we need more employers like them.

RLO

The Simons sound like an amazing family to work for. Shame on this nanny for trying to take advantage of this family just because they are of means. I am running out right now to apply . There is probably a long list of people ahead of me. Good for them for not letting this nanny take advantage of them!

DDR

The Simon's are the most wonderful, generous people I have ever met. It's a shame that people would do such a thing. I am so glad that the judge saw through it all.

RMR

I have been fortunate to be able to call the Simons my friends for close to ten years and I have never know them to be anything but caring, compassionate people. The charitable works and donations that flow from them goes largely unnoticed but I know it is quite substantial. Let us also not overlook the fact that the individuals who tried to profit at the Simon's expense, were facilitated by lawyers who, in my opinion, quickly departed from seeking justice to follow a "pay day" at any cost to honesty. The accusations created by these lawyers show exactly how low people will travel to acquire what they don't deserve.

Todd Anderson

I am glad the good guys won. This whole episode sounds like extortion to me

DREW FREEDMAN

I KNOW THE SIMONS AND THEY ARE INCREDIBLE PEOPLE. ITS A SHAME THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN TO GREAT PEOPLE

B-Free

I know the Simon family personally. Yes, they are wealthy, but they are the nicest people in the world. They employ more people than they need, and they give them lavish gifts and treat them as if they were part of the family. They don't deserve to be taken advantage of by ungrateful, brand-new-Mercedes owning jerks.

Patricia

So happy for the family. They truly seem like good people. Thank you Simons for giving us faith in the system.

Fred Jones

This just looks like a person trying to sue rather than work.

Cara Guzman

Good for them for fighting for justice and their integrity; and not letting greedy people take advantage of decent people.

Cara Guzman

Silvia

The Simon's were vindicated in court. The nanny and the driver were buried in their greedy lies. Good for the Simon's standing up for justice and not settling with criminals. More to the point, SHAME on the nanny for betraying the children.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2