« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Floyd Mayweather

Goes Nuclear on Sportscaster After Fight

9/18/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

091811_floyd_video
Floyd Mayweather Jr. was still jonesing for a fight after his controversial knockout of Victor Ortiz last night, so he started one ... with an 80-year-old sportscaster!

During the post-fight interview, Floyd started screaming at HBO's Larry Merchant, getting up in his face and yelling, "You never give me a fair shake. HBO need to fire you. You don't know s**t about boxing. You ain't s**t! You're not s**t!"

But Merchant didn't back down, getting in the final words when he said, "I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your a**."

Frisky old guy, ain't he?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

makoto99

The interviewer sounded like a smug douchebag the way he was talking and phrasing things. I really can't blame Mayweather for wanting to knock his Metamucil-swigging head off.

JustaGuy

The idiot old man provoked him over and over.
The fighter took it for quite awhile before he finally said "enough with this crap". I realize the interview wants questions asking, but moments after a guy just won a physical fight you're going to instantly start insulting him? Douchebag reporter if you ask me.

Also worth noting, the fighter says "you dont know ****".
The reporters response? Threatens physical violence behind the protection of knowing since he is an old man he wont get beat up.

Idiot reporter can barely form his words. Most likely was being fed the questions through his earpiece.

karlew

That POS coward wouldn't talk to Manny like that. Larry Merchant knows more about boxing than p*ssy boy will ever know.

Dennis Johnson

Pro wrestling at it's best.Now the rematch.I was in the fight business for many years and my friends this whole match was a WORK!I know you don't believe me but it is true.......99.9% of pro boxing is a WORK.

nicole

I just don't like this arrogant POS! Why does he feel the need to have a posse of about 20 guys follow him everywhere he goes? Can't defend himself? Doesn't he abuse women too?

James

Floyd Mayweather is a punk. First he cheap shots Victor Ortiz. And then he curses out an 80 year old man. And this is on top of all his other crap such as attacking security guards, burning $100 bills, and ducking Manny Pacquiao.

anna

FLOYD! REALLY FLOYD!! VERY DISAPPOINTING TO WATCH A VETERAN FIGHTER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT. WHAT A CHUP!!!

Christine

Floyd Mayweather has no class and a cheap shot is probably the only way the guy would have won. Douchebag, arrogant, brash. I really wanted to see him get his ass beaten. oooooo, one day, one day. . .

Sultry

Ortiz wanted to hug Mayweather....again! The ref was out of the way and the fight was on. What controversy?!@# Merchant should have been talking about how clever and sharp minded Mayweather was in the fight. Merchant is an A hole! I agree with Mayweather.

Sultry

You don't get in the ring with a champion and not protect yourself. If Mayweather had not taken that opportunity I and many others would be having a different discussion. Ortiz tried to chump Mayweather by underestimating him, not guarding himself. He got laid out on his A$$ for that decision. Nothing controversial about it! Great fight! Good knockout!

HMMMM

Didn't vote as TMZ didn't make clear WHO did the cheap shot, will vote here. Mayweather is a horse's ass, will always BE a horse's ass. He needs to retire from life. The elderly gentleman had every right to say what he did.

Not an idiot like the rest of you

Seriously? This is as obvious a stunt as all of Mayweather's antics. This was set up between the two of them. This was so obviously fake, if you believed it or "reported" on it as if it were real, you are an idiot.

Kowny Krush

"Gay"weather is right... jus*****ch in the video above how Floyd puckers his lips twice when Ortiz comes over to congratulate him. (Between 00:05 and 00:09.)

Bippy

"d.e.l.u.s.i.o.b.a.l. sicko"!!!

Tammy

I am not a boxing fan but IF the sportcaster is bais and never gives Mayweather a fair shake, I have no problmen with him being called out.