« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Floyd Mayweather

Goes Nuclear on Sportscaster After Fight

9/18/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

091811_floyd_video
Floyd Mayweather Jr. was still jonesing for a fight after his controversial knockout of Victor Ortiz last night, so he started one ... with an 80-year-old sportscaster!

During the post-fight interview, Floyd started screaming at HBO's Larry Merchant, getting up in his face and yelling, "You never give me a fair shake. HBO need to fire you. You don't know s**t about boxing. You ain't s**t! You're not s**t!"

But Merchant didn't back down, getting in the final words when he said, "I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your a**."

Frisky old guy, ain't he?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

nunya

the ref hadn't yet told the boxers to fight after the point deduction. defend yourself at all times or not. ortiz should have been awarded the victory due to mayweather showing the world what a pos n****r he really is. Too bad boxing is for women and old people nowadays. Floyd is a b***h hands down, no question about it. else he'd man up and fight pac-man. He only fights people past their prime or in this case pulls some cheap sh*t to get the win.

Joe

Plain and simple... Mayweather is... always has been... and always will be... A LOSER !

Dyscjocki

Everyone here bad mouthing Mayweather. What is your net worth? You sit here and complain about him and if you paid for the PPV fight you contributed to making him richer. Who is the chump now?

lisa smith

Floyd can go back and suck 50 cents d@!#. I heard he like to be the girl in the relationship

Rudy311

I don't agree with what Mayweather did, but I think Mr. Merchant should retire, he's 80 years old, he enjoyed a great career, but I think HBO could easily find a suitable replacement. It's time. Enjoy your retirement Sir.

RM

LOL...now i remember why I love mma fighting over this crap..gayweather is as boring as hell, even when he cheats to win..stop watching this BS and tune into the MMA world if u ever want to watch a real fight.

L

Why doesn't mayweather fight manny PAC man?? Oh yeah because he knows he will loose. Wha a cheap shot!!

Jo

Floyd is a s***bag. And that's that.

bunny

How long has this Larry guy been working at this kind of job? He does it quite poorly. Why must he look down when talking to somebody? It's complete disrespect.

ElJay

I had the feeling Mayweather was being provoked quite a bit up to the point that he snapped and his reaction was normal. I don't get why everyone is anti-Mayweather.

Cliff

First of all, should you call yourself a champ, don't dodge fights...talking about a fair shake, the suddenly have the notion to stand and talk the talk to an older homeboy...bone up, sign the contract punk, get in the business with Pacquiao...

Sonya in Tx

Yo....Larry is lucky Floyd didn't drop him where he stood.

_ThaNerd_

You can have all the money in the world, you can win all the battles brought upon you, but at the end of the day it is how you are remembered and Mayweather will always be remembered as the pound for pound cheap-shot wimp.

Gotta love Larry Merchant, been watching HBO Boxing for several years now and the way he talks always put me to sleep but this time he got me WIDE AWAKE! :)

carl

Two words "Manny Pacquiao" lets do this already, somebody ,anybody make this happen. While they are both in their prime. People are jobless and Mayweather burns $100 bills for fun. He only cares about one person, himself, hell he probably broke into Pacquiao's house last week to see how greatness lives . Pacquiao gives back to his people and to his country. Mayweather doesn't do either and yet the lord blessed him with two fast hands. things to think about? HMMMMMMMMM

Rebecca

And THIS is what makes black people look IGNORANT. You can't act like this on national television and expect everyone to be okay with it. Mayweather you were so wrong for this. I hope your career goes down the drain quick because no one likes a smack talking punk like that.