TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Christina Milian

My Kobe Salad

Was Tainted with ABC Gum!!!

9/19/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0915_christina_milian_wwshow_fox_ex
Christina Milian got a little something extra at an L.A. restaurant last week ... after she took a bite of her Kobe beef salad ... and allegedly got a mouthful of ABC gum.

Sources close to Christina tell TMZ ... she was out to dinner at Mexicali restaurant in Studio City ... and halfway through her salad, she felt a weird, chewy substance in her mouth.

Christina spit it out, and looked in horror as she eyed a giant wad of chewed gum. She then made a beeline for the bathroom and threw up.

We're told the restaurant comped her meal. But Christina is still freaked out about what happened, and filed a complaint with the L.A. Department of Health.

TMZ spoke with a rep for the Dept., who confirmed a complaint was indeed filed.

Christina tells TMZ, she's lookin' for a lawyer, but says, "The most important thing to me is to make sure my health is okay. Ever since the incident I have not eaten out."

update_bar
11:21 AM: Mexicali owner Allen Ravert tells TMZ, “We have been here for over 17 years and always had an A rating from the health department ... We have cameras in our kitchen and didn’t see anything."

Alan adds, "Our cooks don’t chew gum. Whether there was gum in [Christina's salad] or not I couldn’t say – I never saw it.”

100 COMMENTS

No Avatar

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
76.

ajhernan224@aim.com    

Hope homegurhl gets a Hep test...

1127 days ago
77.

Henry lugo    

This is really dumb.. I've eaten there for over 10 yrs and no the food isn't perfect it's not bad though it's a fun place and if the servers were not nice to you get over it go out enjoy the company your in and if there was gum in her salad no employee of any restaurant would do that to bring scrutiny on themselves.... Please sell that **** somewhere else I'm not buying it.

1125 days ago
78.

Former Mex Employee    

Used to work there. The place is horrible. They treat their employees like disposable idiots, while they themselves deserve the idiot tag. They play favorites and will look past true transgressions by the employee's they like and look for the smallest excuse to get rid of the one's who actually stand up for themselves and what's right. Based on what I saw in that place, I have no doubt a cook or a waiter dropped gum in her food. They should treat their employees better.

Oh, and they didn't "always have an A rating"...

1122 days ago
79.

Amanda    

I had a Kobe burger from that restuarant the same day, and half way through realized the meat was still bleeding and almost completely raw! Needless to say, I was sick for a full week after.

1114 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Around The Web