Charlie Harper

Deader Than

A Doornail

9/20/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

092011_two_men_v2_videoChuck Lorre, the creator of "Two and a Half Men," made damn sure Charlie Sheen was never coming back ... because as TMZ first reported, Charlie Harper was nothing more than exploding meat when the script was put to bed.

Here's the funeral scene, where Rose recounts Harper's demise ... a demise she clearly orchestrated.

Kami Ferrari

Was not that good.Bring Charlie back

Mountain

I found the writing to be very petty and vindictive. Get over it already Chuck. You are acting just as bad as Charlie. Maybe some of the comments about you are right?? The tasteless funeral scene and the nonsensical nudity o*****rown "Billionaire" was just sad. Jon was solid, as always, but not enough to carry the show. Pass.

billy

of course its never gonna be the same without charlie, but it worked for me.

John

OMG
What a mess.
This show has jumped the shark and drowned.
Ashton forget about it.
Nothing will save this lame duck.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I thought it was funny, but whatever, seems like some people are too emotionally invested in their tv shows. I loved the Dharma and Greg appearance. And that Two Broke Girls show was a lot funnier than I thought it was going to be.

jennifer

I get they wanted Charlie to die so he wouldn't come back but seriously that was a little intense and not really funny at all.. The way they acted about it was not funny or entertaining it was really sad. charlie sheen all day every day, that show is nothing without him, he owned that show bc he lived it. end of story. i love ashton but i think this is a bit much.

Zeb

Honestly, the show last night was not good. Everyone was expecting a great script and lots of laughs. The show was none of that. This will be the last season unless they somehow bring Sheen back. Nice try guys.

squeeky

Are you kidding me? Ashton is SOOOOO not funny. Actully,
he sucks as an actor. WHY didn't they hire someone
who could actually ACT? He needs to go home to his
mother....err....wife Demi and maybe she can give him
some acting lessons. Won't be watching it again. Waste
of time. FIRE Chuck Lorre....

Tom

Without Charlie the show is dead!
This recipe is missing the main ingredient. (Charlie)
It just wasn't that funny. I will not waist my time watching it.

kathi

It was the worse opening show ever!
I gave it a try and nothing was Funny.ok maybe Alan but without Charlie being in the show It is a Flop!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL GO BACK TO WATCHING THE OLD ONES !!!!!!!
DONT KNOW WHO WROTE THE SCRIPT BUT IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOULD NOT BE WATCHING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Randdon

Should have run the show without Charlie. They could have done better without filling his spot. Alan gets all the royalties from Charlie's works, and is able to swing the beach house for a while. Then someone comes into the picture ...

Mary

I don't know about all the nay saying I read below. I watched it to the end and held my sides laughing. There is irony in Ashton's mirroring some of Charlie's debouchery and at the same time Alan's oblivious nature. Personally, I can't wait to see where this goes.

jim

the new show was a bust , Alan had no chemistry with Ashton and his usual way does not work with out Charley . Ashton was obviously doing Kelso for that 70s show . this show is over. please don't torture us anymore.

flipflops

This show was desperately in need of a reboot, as Charlie was looking too old, too haggard, and too strung out to play the character he lived in real life as much as played on the show. I had serious doubts about Ashton and still do, but he definitely was much better than expected. I'll give the writers a chance to develop the characters and the actors a chance to build a new kind of chemistry. This could very well be the best thing to happen to this show at this stage in its lifecycle--or not. I know this much, however, I'm not going to judge the whole season based on 23 minutes. It was good enough for me to give it more time to work.

And while it seem unlikely that Chuck Lorre will ever allow Charlie back on the show, there is no doubt with Rose the only witness to the "meat explosion" and Charlie in a closed casket, the writers left a little crack in the door for future surprises.

BB

Charlie's dead and so is the show. There may be a show for Ashton, but not with the 2.5 cast. You'll get some women watching if you keep him naked, but the rest is boring.
Cryer's character is worn out. Jake is a dud. The Mom can't carry Charlie's old lines. It's just a tired worn out show now. I doubt Lorre would suck it up and bring Sheen back, but the show is going nowhere fast without him.
RIP 2.5 !!!! It was a great run while it lasted.