Simon Cowell

I Want to Beat "American Idol"

9/21/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0921_simon_cowell_goingliveSimon Cowell is out for blood tonight on "X Factor" -- telling TMZ, he wants to beat "American Idol" (and every other show for that matter) in the ratings department.

The big "X Factor" premiere isn't competing head to head with "Idol" -- but Simon still wants to outrank his big competition, telling us, "You don't compete for the silver or the bronze ... You may not get the gold, but you die trying."

When we asked how X will measure up against similar singing competitions -- Simon responded, "It's definitely going to be better than the other shows."

092111_xfactor_video

As for what to look out for tonight -- Simon says the show is full of "nutcases" ... and one audition is especially terrifying.

Oh, as for what Simon thinks of "American Idol" without him -- well, he says, "It's not my cup of tea."

Big Daddy

I've always enjoyed American Idol, but after watching a good bit of this new show this evening, I would say this new show X Factor wins hands down. I don't understand why they lost the British judge half way through??? Loved her! Will be watching this show.

NewMomo

I don*****ch either show but I did catch a glimsps of the X Faxtor while surfing channels of a woman "Stacy Francis" she sang beautifully, the hair on my arms stood, she was great. I also think if the show flops Paula will definitely have a hand in it.. Can't stand her she's such a Drama Mama!!

John_Dunkel

Waste of time.

Savannah G

I personally love the X Factor - Simon and Paula have great chemistry, and that Stacy person was amazing. Steve Jones doesn't really do much, but other than that, I thought it was awesome. Also, for all you people complaining about Paula, she's much better this year with her comments/critiques. Not sappy or dramatic anymore. She's pretty straight forward now.

Bill Leslie

Dear *******, er Simon, Scoreboard you loser. Signed YouGotSmashedInTheRatings.

PRO US

You have to admire him for overcoming his speaking disability with his impaired and partially paralyzed upper lip and British lisp and retarded haircut, obsessive-compulsive personality, etc. to become the new Don Rickles of entertainment, insulting and eviscerating everyone enough to earn over $200 million while only wearing mostly black t shirts and blue jeans.

His new show is just his old British show recycled for an American audience. It's mostly tiresome and stupid, making fun of the mentally disturbed and no-talent acts, with a few feel-good stories of toilet cleaners and former drug addicts with a little real talent and a cute face to sucker in naive people who think this is an unscripted "reality" show. Ya, right.

Cowell is not stupid.

jim/dee

After watching the XFactor for 2 hours on Wed. and 2 hours on Thurs, I will not be watching the show again. This is not a show, "it's 1 hour and 45 minutes of commercials with a smattering of contestants". They let a few contestants sing, some good and as always some terrible. Most of the contestants that received a yes, only showed them celebrating not performing. I guess the commercials were more important than providing entertainment for the viewers. Sorry Simon, I will be watching American Idol.

Adam S

Oh, good. Another talent contest show. There really aren't enough of these already on television. Yawn.

Linda Wiley

Im dissapointed in this show /I have watched American Idol since the begining this is so far a Joke? No talent so far??
A group of judges w/notgood judgement of Talent or so it seems? I would think the man who exposed himsef would have been screened before the Show? He should have been arrested on the spot? Children were watching the show what was the judges thinking? I will give it 3-times & then I am done/I am dissapointed in Simon I have always liked him 7 thought he had very good judgeing skills?????

Bud Crawford

Hello to Simon, I really think it's a great thing your doing! When I was younger we did not have competitions like this. I used to sing and I worked hard at it with a group called "TOSSED SOLID" 1971.. Sadly the group wanted to go heavy metal and I was weaned on R&B. That was my end as the window was getting to small for my age, so I went to work tuning pianos and left the music business. Keep up the good work! Bud Crawford

JAMES T.

ALL I CAN SEE IS A BUNCH OF DOPERS TRYING TO IMPRESS SIMON COWELL TO GET THE MONEY , IT'S OBVIOUS HE'S TRYING TO OUT DO AMERICAN IDLE, HIS FAILIER IS IMMINENT. HIS ONLY HOLD IS HIS MONEY AND WITH ALL OF THOSE "PICHY" SOUNDS , HE'S GOING TO LOSE , HE SHOULD GO BACK TO WHERE HE'S FROM WHERE HE CAN **** THE STUPID PEOPLE LIKE HIMSELF. HE'S A PRICK.....

MELISSA

HELLO SIMON HONEY

hauata

it's unfortunate that in this day and age we give such high regard to people to become famous by tearing others apart with their words. There is nothing, absolutely nothing talented about Simon Cowel, yet he sits to judge others on their talents. There are those who should be told that their talent is not what they are seeking, but to degrade and purge someone, cutting them down to nothing is totally unessesary. There are always good ways to say whatever you have to say. Example "Mrs.Osborn". The the things Simon says are just terrible and he makes millions treating people like they are trash. It's so unfortunate that our culture makes this okay at all. I am embarrassed to be from the same country. I am saddened when people place people like him in high places. One day the things he has said to others will come upon himself. It's so unfortunate.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3