'Modern Family' Star

Anti-Gay Chick-fil-A Meal?

9/22/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0922_jen_lowery_Splash

update_bar
3:30 PM: Multiple sources close to Sarah have contacted us to say she is absolutely NOT anti-gay ... and she had no idea about Chick-fil-A's non-culinary practices. Mystery solved.

On television "Modern Family" star Sarah Hyland, 20, has two gay uncles, but in real life she just attended the grand opening of a new Chick-fil-A restaurant in Hollywood ... an evangelical Christian owned corporation which has been accused of being anti-gay.

Although Chick-fil-A has responded to the homophobic allegations by saying they "serve and value all people," they also routinely contribute to anti-gay organizations like Focus on the Family.

Pro-equality groups aren't happy about the fast food chain's latest outpost and are planning a protest in front of the new Hollywood location on Saturday.

While Sarah may not be aware of the chain's practices, TMZ contacted her rep but have not heard back.

Americus

This is the stupidest article I have ever seen posted on TMZ. What a waste of time! Really Harvey, this is low even for you. This is the best you have got? You are going to crucify Chick-Fil-A for giving money to Focus on the Family? Most Americans, last time I checked, support one father and one mother in a family. What the heck is wrong with that? Most modern families are not gay families, despite what you may think. Less than 10% of the nation is gay, Harvey, so you are the one in the minority. And, do you really think a bunch of homosexuals crying outside Chick-Fil-A because of who ChickFilA choose to get their money to is going to affect Chick-Fil-A's business? Last time I checked this was a free country and if you earn money you can give it to whoever the heck you want to. You are the one, TMZ, who should be ashamed for this stupid post because it only gives GOOD MEDIA TO ChickFilA and this girl and shows how petty, silly, and ridiculous cowardly TMZ truly is.

Americus

What a completely stupid post, Harvey. The lack of intelligence in this post is mindblowing even for TMZ. This is ridiculous. So, what if Chick-fil-A donate to Focus on the Family? Big freaking deal. Most people in American think two daddies or two mommies raising children is not good for a children. My guess is she shouldn't know and doesn't know. Case closed. Focus on entertainment, Harvey, and not crusdaing your freaking gay agenda

dd

This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time, leave the girl alone at least she's eating!

Ivan in Phoenix

How long did Harvey make a photog hang out in front of that place waiting to take a picture of someone famous coming out of the door so he could do another story about gay issues?! Really sad, TMZ. Thank about it: Arse holes did not evolve as a s*x organ.

MikeP

Their food is pretty darn good. And i have seen "obviously gay" young men working there. I have a gay brother, He eats there. Owners with questionable views, This is America, and they are entitled to them. Great Chicken Sandwiches? HELL YES, So this is a real "non story"

Love TMZ though and all you do, but not worth bringing up

Manda

I love how it says 'mystery solved' -- like there was ever a mystery for anyone who wasn't looking for a way to make a scandal out of nothing. I've got no love for Focus on the Family or any anti-gay agenda, but come ON.

cheebee

Sometimes a chicken sandwich is just a chicken sandwich.

some guy

I say we kill Sarah. It's the quickest and easiest solution for all involved parties IMO.

Susan

They're anti-gay because that is their belief. They believe in God's word, which is clearly against the homosexual livestyle. Plain and simple. They have a right to their belief. If you don't like it, don't eat there. They're not protesting your lifestyle. They're just going on with their lives. Stop trying to shove it down everyone's throats.

chucklehead

they also discriminate against non-christians.

Mick

Wow. Let's make sure you boycott any Muslim-owned business, b/c they are only SLIGHTLY anti-gay. Better stay out of any of those Muslim-owned convenience stores! If people are going to picket businesses and get all-PC on their a*ses, then at least be consistent. Check all religions and their stand on homosexuality and act accordingly. Chick-Fil-A is by far the most welcoming, efficient, clean fast food place I've ever been. I'm quite sure they do not refuse to serve people b/c of their sexual orientation, race or whatever minority or abused-person status you can slap on someone. And they certainly don't advertise their beliefs, other than being closed on Sundays. I swear, this all just wears me out.

Bobby

TMZ - Show some class and submit an apology on your web site to this girl.
You did a hatchet job that makes you no better than Westboro Baptist Church.

jayfro

Oh give it a rest would ya? So what if they are a Christian company. I guarantee TMZ would not condone publicly any Muslim run corporation on this web site. Chick Fil A makes great food and I'll eat it all I want. When I'm in the drive through I don't care about politics, just my hunger. Plus TMZ you buy gas don't you? Probably oil from the middle east where they hate gays AND Jews. So give the Chick Fil A a rest and stop with the hypocrisy.

Jonas Rimmer

it is really sad that TMZ is becoming more and more o*****AY BLOG everyday that passes. Not only the fixation with Chaz Bono, trangender people, an avenue for GLAAD, males without t-shirts. Gay people like Harvey shouldnt be allowed to have that much power, like directing TMZ, because they will be always BIASED towards other gay people. Enough is enough. Bye bye GAYMZ.

Discodanny

Is that Oprah to her left?!!!