'Modern Family' Star

Anti-Gay Chick-fil-A Meal?

9/22/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0922_jen_lowery_Splash

update_bar
3:30 PM: Multiple sources close to Sarah have contacted us to say she is absolutely NOT anti-gay ... and she had no idea about Chick-fil-A's non-culinary practices. Mystery solved.

On television "Modern Family" star Sarah Hyland, 20, has two gay uncles, but in real life she just attended the grand opening of a new Chick-fil-A restaurant in Hollywood ... an evangelical Christian owned corporation which has been accused of being anti-gay.

Although Chick-fil-A has responded to the homophobic allegations by saying they "serve and value all people," they also routinely contribute to anti-gay organizations like Focus on the Family.

Pro-equality groups aren't happy about the fast food chain's latest outpost and are planning a protest in front of the new Hollywood location on Saturday.

While Sarah may not be aware of the chain's practices, TMZ contacted her rep but have not heard back.

KING

More of a reason to eat at chick-fil-a........no queers.

cheebee

So many make such great points of reason......and some people I'm just embarrassed by and I don't even know them. Please stop.

LEE

OH MY GOODNESS! I thought I was reading PEREZHILTON and not TMZ.

Nicole

This is complete bull****. I am a gay supporter and still LOVE Chick-Fil-a. They are independently owned and operated and SOME of the owners have made donations, but not all. It is one of the healthiest, cleanest fast food places out there. I want to know if people giving her a hard time really scrutinize every product they buy this way. I truly doubt it.

Jennifer

Who the freak cares? Stop making a big deal out of nothing. So everyone who eats at Chick-fa-la is anti- gay? Get a life TMZ!!!!!

what a

what a pointless article. obviously this was posted to create hype by slandering someone.

Michael

There is no "c" in Chik-Fil-A ...

E

Really TMZ??????????? She is anti-gay because she ate a chicken sandwich????? Is the news that slow that this becomes worthy of someones journalistic efforts? Keep it up, and you'll lose reader.

Mk_Ultra_Again

Homophobia is a disgusting thing, much like most of the no doubt overweight people (typical of homophobes) posting here. Enjoy your chick-fil-a and your massive coronary event afterwards.

darren

oh no, the hyper PC gay police/gestapo have found another target/victim!

that_guy

this may be the dumbest story ever posted on tmz.com. And that is saying something.

AJ

Beyonce and Mariah Carey performed for the Qaddafi family. Do they support the atrocities perpetuated against the Libyan people?

TMZ, you like to post articles about Evangelicals, conservatives and Republicans all being "homophobic" and "anti-gay."

You might want to do your research and discover that the Log Cabin Republicans, a group of gay Republicans, filed a federal lawsuit against "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" claiming it was unconstitutional. So when all the Dems were receiving praise for ending DADT, it was because a federal court had already ruled it unconstitutional thanks to some brave gay Republicans who fought against that policy.

ryan

i'm a big ol' f*g and I have eaten at chik-fil-a my entire life and will continue. their chik'n transcends all politics.

karen

Who cares? People are entitled to their beliefs and since when does eating somewhere make you susceptible to their beliefs? I doubt they are slipping religious paraphernalia into their chicken. I also happen to like Focus on the Family.

HJTravels

She should have known and never have eaten at that place. I could care less if the chicken is good, if they want to hate the LGBT's I'm not buying anything from them.