'Modern Family' Star

Anti-Gay Chick-fil-A Meal?

9/22/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0922_jen_lowery_Splash

update_bar
3:30 PM: Multiple sources close to Sarah have contacted us to say she is absolutely NOT anti-gay ... and she had no idea about Chick-fil-A's non-culinary practices. Mystery solved.

On television "Modern Family" star Sarah Hyland, 20, has two gay uncles, but in real life she just attended the grand opening of a new Chick-fil-A restaurant in Hollywood ... an evangelical Christian owned corporation which has been accused of being anti-gay.

Although Chick-fil-A has responded to the homophobic allegations by saying they "serve and value all people," they also routinely contribute to anti-gay organizations like Focus on the Family.

Pro-equality groups aren't happy about the fast food chain's latest outpost and are planning a protest in front of the new Hollywood location on Saturday.

While Sarah may not be aware of the chain's practices, TMZ contacted her rep but have not heard back.

spud

I've never eaten there but now that i know they are anti gay i will eat there every day

Stiletto

Um, this IS still America...there is nothing wrong in not liking rugmunchers and spermgarglers. We haven't all de-evolved into "anything goes liberals."

Lola

If you want the real, unbiased story about Chick-Fil-A, instead of Harvey's gay agenda tale, read this AJC story below.

Closing on Sundays so restaurant operators can rest — and worship, if they wish — does not come cheap. Assuming about 14 percent of sales would occur on Sunday, the longstanding policy may have cost Chick-fil-A $573 million just last year. If so, it’s cash Chick-fil-A’s leaders say they don’t need. “Probably the best business decision we’ve ever made,” Truett Cathy once said of the company’s six-day week.

Charlie Sheen's Watch

What about the fat black chick? Isn't she that fat female who hosted a show or was on the all female show? Star was her name I think?

What about her fat ass - that looks like her in the background. I guess she gave up on her diet?

tiffany

Wow TMZ..seriously you're losing it by posting crap like this... this is just a pathetic attempt on making a big deal at something soo small.. you should be the one apologizing to her. So since you don't agree with something then we can't go to that place...seriously, this is going to make me go and buy more chik-fil-a

3Storms

I see gay Harvey is once again trying to destroy someone on the mere rumors that she might be anti-gay

CountryGal

Looks to me as if TMZ is Anti-Christian. ****tards! I'm getting sick of this site. Could someone create an entertainment site for Christians so I don't have to have gay and transgendered crap shoved down my throat everyday?

Robin

I am sorry. I know the owner of Chic Fila and went to Church with him. This man is NOT anti gay. And he also goes to a Christian Church that does not judge or condemn Gays......It is so sad that some one as good as he is can be accused of this and no one will stand behind him..

Lola

From the AJC story, you will read that they donated sandwiches to a pro-marriage conference, and would be just as happy to donate sandwiches to a pro-gay conference. Nobody apparently asked them to yet. A pro-marriage conference sounds like a great idea, considering the divorce rate. Even Rosie O'Donnel has divorced her wife now.

erkg

Love ChicFilA and have a number of gay friends who also eat there - who gives a flip?

Joe

Its no wonder the gays don't get treated properly. Heaven forbid a company supports Focus on the Family, and not the LGBT Alliance. not everyone wants to have the gay agenda pushed down our throats (no pun intended).

Claus

Homos, please leave the world alone. Acceptance and tolerance takes a beating every time a completely stupid story like this is pushed. Let business owners support biblical stupidity if that's what they enjoy spending their well earned cash on. I don't support any of these religious crap organisations but now I DO support that restaurant because of this gay propaganda campaign.

Allison

This is THE. STUPIDEST. THING. TMZ has ever posted. Chick-Fil-A is not 'anti-gay.' It is simply a Christian business with delicious food. It's also a great company, had me a summer job there when I was in high school. When did being a Christian become a crime? I'm pretty sure it served our country dang good for the past 200+ years. I am a Christian. Does that make me anti-gay? No... it makes me first and foremost love Christ, then people, including my sister who I love very much and is gay.

"When I say, 'I'm a Christian.'
...I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin.'
I'm whispering 'I was lost'
Now I'm found and forgiven..."

Bob

Wow that is a reach. A Christian restaurant chain is anto gay because it supports focus on the family (whose main platform has nothing to do with gays one way or the other). And that makes a spokesperson anti gay? That was a reach.

Minchie_me

Wow TMZ. Just wow. How incredibly Nazi of you. We get to vote on whether she knows and if she SHOULD know? How about the Who Cares vote. Are you gonna be checking out the employees..y'know...to find out if they know? What if they do and work there anyway? You gonna publish their pictures? Just..wow.