Bristol Palin

I'm No Homophobe ...

I Was Just Defending My Mom

9/23/2011 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0923_Bristol_palin_2EXThere's nothing homophobic about Bristol Palin's heated exchange with a heckler last night -- according to her rep ... who claims Bristol was only defending her mom, Sarah Palin.

A rep for Bristol tells TMZ, she "was approached in a confrontational and inappropriate manner when two men aggressively shouted expletives aimed at her in reference to her mother. Bristol responded to the unprovoked verbal assault by calmly standing her ground and defending her family."

As we previously reported, Stephen Hanks yelled, "Your mother's a whore" -- prompting a face-to-face argument during which Bristol shouted at Hanks, "I just know you are" a homosexual.

The rep believes there was nothing bigoted about Bristol's words -- saying, "The situation ended with no incident, and accusing her of homophobia is completely unfounded and totally misstates her views."

fairywinkle

sorry girlfriend, but when your 'go too' comment is always homophobic you ARE homophobic. Wake Up Dear!

burkanuck

What a bunch of hate-filled pieces of trash posting here. This piece of filth yells out that her mother is a whore and SHE is in the wrong? What a bunch of braindead Palin derangement syndrome sufferers. I wish this piece of trash would walk up to me and say that about my mom, I'd beat him so badly he'd wish he was dead! Amazing how this kind of sickening incivility is OK if it is directed at Sarah Palin. You people are absolutely sickening.

HPatterson

For the haters, maybe you're heterophobics! Straight people aren't afraid of gays, instead, the gay are afraid of straights! It was after all "Adam & Eve" not "Adam & Steve" for if that were the case, none of you haters would be here now would you?

L

Bristol is white trash that is famous for getting knocked up. What an over acheiver.

cairoroo

Um...no, she said what she said so it clearly demonstrates how she feels about the glbt community! That stupid family can't take responsibilty for anything they do. Go ahead republicants, elect your American sweethearts...

BBC

People: Bristol is not racist or anti gay. First, she is currently dating a black man and has been for several months. Her mother did so as well when she was younger, so obviously they are not racist and are more than willing to be in relationships with men of color. I find that refreshing and important for people to understand. Second, as Mercede Johnston explained, Bristol has had at least one same sex relationship, though brief. Bristol was clearly just provoked here, but racist or anti gay she is not.

caleb jones

Obviously Bristol hasn't talked to Glen Rice.

Lovejac23

This dude is a piece of crap! What kind of "man" *NOT* would verbally abuse a young woman like this? You go Bristol. I'd do the same. And I'm no homophobe--I'd defend my mom any which way too.

Jen

I don't like Sarah but no one should be picking on her child. Even though she's an adult. People make me sick on this. Do unto others as they do unto you. Stop it. If she doesn't like gay people that is her right. I may not understand that but it is still her right. Stop it now. Start caring about other peoples feelings and maybe out world will start to be ok.

Linda

Why is the issue more about what Bristol Palin said than what the heckler said? To me he (or they) started it and she has to defend herself? Give me a break!

David

The guy went off on her and called her mother a whore. He had no right to get in her face would he have done it to Scott or Track no he's a coward. Call my mother a whore an it's on. Dude is a coward.

JD

If this piece of **** called my mother a whore, I would have called him something much worse than a homo.

Fat Elvis

Good for Bristol. And it figures. This misogynistic(woman hater for stupid liberals) butthead provoked the exchange in the first place, cheered by ******* liberals. Then he rolls on to his back with his legs in the air and claims to be a victim. "Oh boo hoo, she called me a ***. And all I did was call her mom an evil whore. I say good for Palin, and screw all you liberal wimps. Your time is just about up.

tim

Sarah Palin is a WHORE!!

Mrs. Diagnosed

Bristol could have said so many different things. But the first one to come to mind was homosexual? The first one that came to my mind was *******! Bristol put herself in that position. She's the one who went on dancing with the stars. (Even though she is NOT a star). She's the one who wrote a book, pretty much accusing her ex of date rape. She's the one who agreed to do a reality show. Welcome to the real world sweetie. I live in LA. Your mom can't help you here. The best thing she could have done for both herself, and her mom is to be the bigger person. If she would have just let him spew hi*****e, he would have looked like a total D-bag. But she decided to play the gay card and get in his face. She deserves what she got. Sorry, but it's true. Don't put your nose out there if you don't want it to be cut off.