Bristol Palin

I'm No Homophobe ...

I Was Just Defending My Mom

9/23/2011 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0923_Bristol_palin_2EXThere's nothing homophobic about Bristol Palin's heated exchange with a heckler last night -- according to her rep ... who claims Bristol was only defending her mom, Sarah Palin.

A rep for Bristol tells TMZ, she "was approached in a confrontational and inappropriate manner when two men aggressively shouted expletives aimed at her in reference to her mother. Bristol responded to the unprovoked verbal assault by calmly standing her ground and defending her family."

As we previously reported, Stephen Hanks yelled, "Your mother's a whore" -- prompting a face-to-face argument during which Bristol shouted at Hanks, "I just know you are" a homosexual.

The rep believes there was nothing bigoted about Bristol's words -- saying, "The situation ended with no incident, and accusing her of homophobia is completely unfounded and totally misstates her views."

Previous 15 Comments | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

K Passah

Accusing her of being a homophobe not entirely accurate based on the facts. She asked if he was a homosexual; he apparently is. He asked her if she rode Levi like she rode that bull. She didn't answer the question, so none of us can be sure. This sounds like everyday conversation to me... could have been at Starbucks. Good, solid reporting.

Ashley

I think she had every right to go off on him. She was just trying to enjoy her night out and this jerk wants to start talking crap about her mom to her because she is against homosexuality. That guy should be the one getting all thi*****e. WHO CARES IF SARA PALIN HATES GAYS?! Does it affect you? No. She has no control over the gay community so all you defensive homos need to back off because your intolerance toward their intolerance is just hypocritical!!

FCC

Just To Clear Things Up

by Bristol Palin on Tuesday September 27, 2011 at 5:55pm.

As a lot of you know, I had an encounter in West Hollywood the other day with an unhinged guy who was yelling hateful things at me about my Mom. The press has only shown a part of the encounter, so many reporters have totally missed the point of my comments. Most people may have walked away rather than go up to some guy raging like that and try to find out what his problem is. But that’s not how I’m wired. I usually do walk away, but I'm very tired of hateful people lying about my Mom, my family, and myself. So, this time I tried to get to the bottom of it.

I asked the guy if the reason he was so angry at my Mom was because he was gay. I was NOT baiting him or mocking him or in any way being derogatory of gays. It was just the opposite! I know that some members of the gay community have completely false notions about my Mom. I wanted to clear this up with this guy, but he was so far gone in his crazy hatred that rational conversation was impossible.

I think so much of the hatred directed at my Mom is based on lies and misconceptions about her and our family. It’s gotten so out of control that a 40-something guy in West Hollywood started shrieking obscenities at the top of his lungs and wishing death on my Mom, just at the thought of her. She hasn't done anything to warrant hi*****red, and I wanted to address that.

As I said to that hate-filled guy in West Hollywood: Show me one thing my Mom has done that is so “evil” as to warrant the hatred and death wishes people heap on her and her kids.

The crazy guy had no answer because there is no answer. You can disagree with her politics without vilifying her or lying about us.

Isn’t it time for this crazy hatred to stop? That’s what I was trying to say to that guy.

- Bristol

natanya

A whore??? WOW She has been married to the same man for OVER 25 years! The father of ALL of her children...most people on here posting cannot say that! Have respect for her as a person....you libs are the most hateful people! Why such hate for a nice pretty woman? She has done nothing and she is treated like Casey Anthony WHY???? I don't get it...she has never killed anyone.... raised her children.... not on drugs.... Why do you all have death in your eyes when you look at her??? Jealousy??? or what???

natanya

Why is Sara Palin a whore? She has been married to the same guy faithfully for 25 years....to her kids father....been married longer than most people on here! why does everyone HATE this woman soooooo much???? I would not mind her as my neighbor....

Jazzi

So he calls her mom a whore and in anger she flings back something she thinks equals the derogatory comment about her mother..and that equal is calling him a homosexual..hmm in angry and heated moments the truth always emerges..Not going to get out of this one Bristol..you think calling someone a homosexual equals calling someone a whore...

Kelly Joanne Cannon

Happy belated birthday, pretty Bristol! Hope you had a real great, and enjoyable one is all I wanted to relay to you, now, is all.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

And may God also lovingly guide, and bless you very happily, Bristol Palin, now, and always, just as he has with me, especially over the past few years.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

Bristol, Willow, and Piper are all three young and beautiful. May God bless them all happily with much great happiness blessings, and great health now, and always.

katedeannn

she was making a point. he called her mother a whore, trying to push buttons and start something. she fired back with accusing him of being gay. she was pushing buttons back. it was a situation that just elevated out of control from both parties. but in the end, if you can't take it, don't di*****.

A.

Definitely, the most intelligent course in defending one's mother against the absurd charge of "whore" is "you're a homosexual." Obvious link.

jamesbronx

WOW...such hateful comments aimed towards a woman because her mother is a smart, good looking (and don't say shes not, she won a beauty contest) woman. All these liberals are so hateful, so angry...why? What has Sara Palin's daughter ever done to you? Are you guys that insecure??

Carl

Both Crystool and Mama Grizzly are both anti gay. They were hysterical when Obama stood up for gay rights--and much of their support is from anti gays and bigots. Palins are an embarrassment to both the GOP and the tea party and their bigotry and hateful comments will contribute to the downfall to these parties. Palin caused McCain to lose the election. $arah is more interested in getting her family attention through the soap operas and commercialism of their names. This Bimbo is so dumb that she misspelled her own name on the trademark application and then forgot to sign it!

Previous 15 Comments | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24