Bristol Palin

I'm No Homophobe ...

I Was Just Defending My Mom

9/23/2011 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0923_Bristol_palin_2EXThere's nothing homophobic about Bristol Palin's heated exchange with a heckler last night -- according to her rep ... who claims Bristol was only defending her mom, Sarah Palin.

A rep for Bristol tells TMZ, she "was approached in a confrontational and inappropriate manner when two men aggressively shouted expletives aimed at her in reference to her mother. Bristol responded to the unprovoked verbal assault by calmly standing her ground and defending her family."

As we previously reported, Stephen Hanks yelled, "Your mother's a whore" -- prompting a face-to-face argument during which Bristol shouted at Hanks, "I just know you are" a homosexual.

The rep believes there was nothing bigoted about Bristol's words -- saying, "The situation ended with no incident, and accusing her of homophobia is completely unfounded and totally misstates her views."

Sandi

Good for Bristol for sticking up for her mom! Call my mom a whore and your bald homo head will have a glass broken up side it, for real!

hml

GO BRISTOL!! The jerk should have kept his big mouth shut. IMO he deserved every word that Bristol said. He started the crap and obviously did not expect her to do anything in return. Big mistake on his part.

There's a problem here

Oh Bristol babe stop the spin and own it. Seriously,he was a middle aged guy who obviously shouldn't be drinking. He called your mother a whore. She's many things .. stupid, vapid, etc, but I doubt she is a whore ... You, on the other hand ... but I digress. So you retailate calling him a ******. Oh good. Very mature. By the way, while you are under age and in a bar in California, who is watching your bastard child in Arizona, Alaska, or one of those A states ?

Craig

Bristol and her sister and her whole ignorant f***ing family are homophobes. And her mother IS a whore...allegedly. Why is she bothering to dispute this fact? She's clearly proud of it. Her people booed a gay soldier last night at the GOP debate. It's getting to the point where they seem to be proud of their bigotry. FU** her.

Chuck Taylor

Now if this happened to me and I did not know he was a homosexual and kicked his ass for saying things about my mother. The queers would have said it was a hate crime and that I should have known cause of some dumb ass reason. And trust me if I knew he was queer or not I would smack him around for being an azz not because he likes to take it there. The guy is a douche bag and needed the **** smacked out of him. I hate Sarah Palin to death but that dude was way out of line. And since when is just saying are you a homosexual offensive? Most homosexual*****e Palin and most of you normaphobes stick out like a sore thumb.

jason

I'm a very proud gay man. I'm also very patriotic. You can't pigeon-hole me, you can't control me. I call a spade a spade. I believe in gun rights. In fact, I'm a member of the Pink Pistols.

As for this incident, the guy was out of line. However, Bristol was out of line, too. She's too much of a media-seeker. Hasn't she got better things to do?

alison

she didnt shout "i know your a homosexual" she calmly asked the man a series of questions as to why he hated her mother and he just kept making rude assertions about her mother. she finally asked him if he was homosexual, in reference to why is so hateful and irrational in his views of sarah palin. he then asked her why she asked and she said she could tell. she was very calm and collected, especially when you consider how vulgar his comments were about sarah and bristol. she showed great restraint and that guy is a pathetic man that wants to be a victim. oh the poor homsexuals, the evil christians are praying for their souls. how evil can a person be. people like that guy need a dose of reality. they arnt the center of the universe, most people don't give a crap what they do in their bedroom, gym, club or whatever, but christians are taught it is a sin and they should pray for the sinner. why that offends these people is beyond me? the bible was written a long time a ago. they are free to find the bible offensive, but it is petty and irrational to find christian,s who are generally raised to believe the bible as the word or god, to be evil because they believe that homosexuality is a sin. really, how ridiculous is it to be angry that someone you dont know cares enough to pray for your soul. ps im an atheist

Martin

God Bless You Bristol. You are a Beacon of clarity: Standing up for what is right.

rico

YEA RIGHT BRISTOL. LEVI IN HIS BOOK SAID YOUR MOM CAME ON TO HIM,SOUNDS ALITTLE WHORIE TO ME. YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF HILLBILLIES, THE APPLE DOS'NT FALL TO FAR FROM THE TREE.

Mayra

Chill out people..why so much HaTe from both sides!?
That guy went to far,picking a fight with a teenager?Anyone else would have knocked him out:O

TS

This is not the first time she has used a homophobic slur and claimed she was only defending her family. Gays are not attacking her family, so why does she insist on attacking them? If she had used a racial slur no one would accept that she only did it to defend her mother, but this is OK? I don't think so.

Samuel Smithers

She asked if they hated her mom because they were homosexuals, which is a legitimate question, because of her moms stance on gay marriage.

Mayra

Chill out people..so much HaTe from both side!?
That guy went to far,picking a fight with a teenager,really?
Anyone else would've knocked him out:O

bellagrazi

Why isn't anyone asking if this guy is a sexist? He called Sarah Palin a freaking whore! And Bristol a bitch. I don't see anyone getting bent out of shape over that. Bristol was only defending her mom. And she did so admirably. She is not a homophobe. She only asked the guy if he was a homosexual, because a lot of gays oppose her mom, because of the gay marriage issue. Which is totally hypocritical, considering that President Obama holds the same view. But that doesn't seem to bother them too much. This incident happened at a bar in West Hollywood. Chances are he was gay. And he was. By the way, turns out that this guy considers Levi his hero. He's also a Trig Truther. (doesn't believe Sarah Palin birthed her own baby) He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Palin. He's obviously a deranged individual. He attacked Bristol for no good reason. But Bristol's definitely a badass. haha Like mother, like daughter.

jason

Is Bristol the one who got knocked up by Levi?