« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Red Sox John Lackey

Divorcing Wife Battling Cancer

9/26/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0926_lackey_ex
Boston Red Sox pitcher John Lackey has filed to divorce his wife, Krista ... who is in the middle of battling breast cancer.

Lackey filed on August 30, according to court docs in Texas, claiming "the marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities." Krista and John got married in November, 2008.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... Krista underwent a double mastectomy back in March and underwent chemo as recently as June.

The divorce petition says John and Krista had a prenup. It also says Lackey has "separate property" he wants to keep for himself.

Lackey filed the divorce papers using only his and Krista's initials -- a tactic Tony Parker and Eva Longoria ... and Sandra Bullock and Jesse James also used in their Texas divorces.

It's unclear why Lackey -- who's struggled on the field all season long -- didn't wait til the off-season, about a month from now, to start divorce proceedings.

update_bar
4:33 PM: The Red Sox just released a statement on Lackey's behalf -- telling us, "John Lackey is dealing with a deeply personal family issue, and it is one the Red Sox do not feel is appropriate for public debate.  The Red Sox request that John and Krista’s privacy be respected."

0713_stars_split_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

VoiceOfReason

What a total and complete low life. Krista, his wife, was way too pretty and sweet to be with him to begin with. She obviously wasn't with him for his money (they have a pre-nump_ and she certainly wasn't with him for his looks, so she actually loved that monster. I hope she gets well and meets a REAL man and that this little boy continues to suck wind and get shamed out of baseball for good. Sorry, but this is ridiculous, he must have met another woman. He should concentrate on baseball.

G

Sounds to me like he is a piece of ****! Can not believe he is dumping his wife who is battling cancer.

Donaldli Mark Ingalls

The following are my Tweets for today Feb 27 2012

I tweeted these to the LA Times, NY Times, & Yes the FBI on Twitter

Also check out my youtube videos: Don42269JACK No, you don't have to subscribe but I believe it is a pretty funny video. And yes, I am acting in these videos.

[Tweets]
This is Donaldli ! The FBI told me to contact the authorities in Austin. GOOGLE Sandra Bullock FBI and/or Donaldli Ingalls FBI

Someone get me Sandy! The FBI told me to contact Austin TX Someone get me Sandy ASAP! -Donaldli Ingalls

Yes, Sandra Annette Bullock! This is your Donaldli Mark Ingalls I need you in Gig Harbor WA ASAP!

Megan Lampinski of the FBI told me to contact the authorities in Austin TX regarding Sandra Bullock!

To: Sandra Annette Bullock From:Donaldli Mark Ingalls Subject: I need you now in Gig Harbor WA

No stalker would send a tweet like this! I am No Stalker!

Radiobob

....He was happy to use her till the hooters were gone..Red Sox (and im a lifelong fan) seem to have an above average quota of s***bags from John Henry on down.!

Joyce

what a cowerd ,He should support his wife and not dump her. What else can be said: ...... low, very low auto mieten bern

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17