"L-Word" Star

Southwest Airlines Booted Me

... Because I'm Gay!

9/26/2011 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_leisha_hailey_southwest2_BN
Actress Leisha Hailey -- who starred in "The L-Word" -- says Southwest Airlines hates gay people ... and claims that's the reason she got kicked off a flight today.

Leisha just unleashed a flurry of tweets to her thousands of followers -- claiming a flight attendant booted Leisha and her GF for kissing on the plane ... because SW is a "family" airline.

Leisha is now demanding a public apology from Southwest -- calling for her fans, and gay people everywhere, to boycott the airline for its "homophobic" policies, writing, "They don't like us."

A rep for Southwest tweeted her back with a quick apology -- asking for Leisha to contact the company privately so they can sort out a solution. So far, no official word from Southwest.

0926_swappin_spit_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

writenow

What's wrong with SW? Google, "Coffee, Tea or Handcuffs" by Gerald Sterns.

Strokadellic

Never heard of her. Wouldn't fly southwest airlines if my balls depended on it.

Aenwyn

did they exchange a quick peck or two or were they making out/groping on the plane? depending on the level of PDA I can see how that can be inappropriate, whether the couple in question was gay or straight.

NickSunset

Hmmm how come she looks so plain.....why doesn't she wear some makeup?

NickSunset

I know they hate FAT PIGS on the count they kicked off Kevin Smith off a flight. But Gays .....flight attendants?

karlew

Fire the bitch

CC

The SWA pilot had it right, flight attendants nowadays are a bunch of grannys, grandes, and gays. That being said I don't believe her claim of 'anti homo' bias has any merit since there is a large flight attendant homo component. However she might have violated a company policy regarding public displays of affection. If that's the case she should be canned......

candygirl0406

Oh shut up!

babyz65

I think this might be about "public displays of affection". Maybe not be so quick to jump to "gay intolerence". Just my opinion......

The Neko Nation

I was on that flight! They were doing more than just kissing and there was a young child across from them. Time for people to accept responsibility for their behavior and stop using the race, gender, or sexuality card.

Kevin

It's not about her being a lesbian. I don't want to see heterosexuals kissing on planes either. Straight or gay, it doesn't matter. No one wants to see a make out session. In all my life and many travels, I have never kissed my wife or ex-girlfriends on a plane. Do it privately and this unknown actress should stop making this about sexuality.

MexTex

I am sorry but gay people dont fly Southwest it's a discounted airline!! The nerve!!! I guess she didnt get the memo!!

Mike

GAYS ARE FAMILY TOO---Where do they think we came from---

NickSunset

WOW - when it rains it pours, bad day for Lesbians, first Ellen Has a Heart Attack and now this!! What next they outlaw "Halibut" jackets and dog parks?

Mary P

I've seen straights get kicked off SWA planes for making out. Another "I didn't get my way so claim minority" card.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments