Michael Jackson's Son Prince

I'll Testify ...

With Strings Attached

9/27/2011 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0926_prince_jackson_ex
Michael Jackson
's eldest son Prince -- an eyewitness to the horrific scene in the bedroom where his father lost his life -- does not want to testify in the Conrad Murray trial, but he's telling family he'll do what needs to be done to get justice for his departed dad.

Sources close to Prince tell TMZ ... the 14-year-old is "nervous" and worried that if he's called to the stand he might get flustered and "mess up."

We're told if Prince is called by prosecutors ... Katherine will ask her lawyers to request that the entire courtroom be cleared during his testimony.  Judge Michael Pastor almost certainly will prohibit the media from training a camera on Prince, but it's unlikely he'll clear the courtroom.

As we previously reported, Prince is on the prosecution's witness list, since Dr. Murray summoned Prince to the bedroom for help during the emergency.  When Prince arrived, he dissolved into tears.

The trial starts today.  We'll be livestreaming opening statements.

0728_remembering_michael_jackson_footer_v2

Theresa Q

The fact that these kids had to witness their dad dying just breaks my heart. Thank goodness they have their Grandma - the one person who gives them unconditional love and has only their best interests at heart. I really don't know how they would have fared without her. They really do seem like fine young people and I think their father is to thank for raising them up right.

chris

I think Prince should testitfy in private, hes so young and this is traumatizing, he will prob have PTSD when he testitifes-he needs counseling and someone who loves him..

jessy

He is a child that was called to the room to basically see his father die. He obviously feels his father was murdered& is deeply hurt by that. Some of you may agree with that some may not. He may have been coached on what to say but I'd say what he saw that day wasn't pretty and I'm sure having to talk abt your fathers death in front of everyone wont be easy for him. Son of a celebrity or not is just a child. He has emotions too. I think when children are testifying people who arent essential to the case don't need to be in the courtroom anyway. Just makes them uncomforatable.

Linda

This is ridiculous! That man could not get peace while he was living and he's not getting peace while he's dead. I feel and pray for the family everyday. It is hard being rich and famous. That's why I only want the money not the fame!

Ripper

It still amazes me how much Prince looks like his father.

Ripper

It still amazes me how much Prince looks like his father.

Don

Why doesn't the Michael Jackson Estate order DNA test on these kids. There is no way that Michael fathered these kids. As far as I can remember Michael was a black child and these kids are white.

Rogue Warrior

What up all you emotionally illiterate, Nancy Disgrace following, irrational, rode wet, mental midgets? FYI, MJ was a drug addicted pedophile who suffered from an identity crisis and took it upon himself to OD!

NOT GUILTY, NOT GUILTY, NOT GUILTY, NOT GUILTY, NOT GUILTY

Danielle

as long as Prince tells the truth of what he saw he should do fine.... i feel horrible for him having to have seen his father dying

Ih8Taxes

Sorry kid, but you're not above the law so there won't be any strings attached...oh wait, I forgot, this is California.

Dose Of Reality

What he named "his kids" is evidence enough that he was not a good parent.

Dose Of Reality

Some fans you are... To say he looks like "his father" is an insult. You are essentially saying that he looks like a melted wax figurine of a transvestite geisha. Not cool.

poppy

Strings?......................is that another word for money?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments