Michael Jackson's Death Photo

Frightening Intentions?

9/27/2011 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_michael_bed_dead_main

It seems the prosecution wanted to give the Michael Jackson death photo a murky, gritty treatment before it was presented in court this morning -- because it was clearly touched up to look as daunting as possible.

It appears the photo is NOT the original pic -- because now it includes a tattered border, a morgue-esque green hue ... and the word "Homicide" printed over MJ's body in a grainy, police-style font.

The prosecution used the photo as the background for a slide-show presentation in court.

Compare the pic to a cleaned up version of the photo (below) -- is the murky photo more likely to shake the jury?

0927_michael_bed_dead_sub

We gotta ask ...

What I Think

Forget the photo. Haul his rotting stinking corpse into the courtroom. If I was there to see it, I'd be ROTFLMAO at it.

dolphin

are they going to show autopsy pics? if they do I'll go running out in the street and faint. yikes

EDITA ON STEROIDS

HE WAS DEAD whats so misleading about that? get your heads out of your asses.

Molly's Mom

Oh you people make me sick - you act like he was your best friend or something - he was an entertainer and yes he was addicted to drugs... pure and simple - he had the problem but the doctor shouldn't have had money signs for pupils and got the heck out of there before this happened because it was bound to happen. Overdose - period... but over medicated too. Please let it go... he is dead he isn't coming back and the Jackson family wants to cash in..

LakersGirl

TMZ is the one doing the misrepresentation here - if anyone actually CAUGHT opening statements - the ENTIRE powerpoint had that effect not just that one picture.

Misslys

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with presenting that photo during opening that way. Openings are not evidence. The actual photo will be submitted to the jury as evidence and that's what they'll use to make their judgement. How they presented during opening was simply as a slideshow to layout their roadmap of the case and is never to be taken as evidence.

Alana

The ps picture is definately more shocking. I am not sure what to think about all of this. I hate to think that the Michael Jackson that I grew up with and idolized would ever do drugs. However I do not walk in his shoes. I can't believe no one knew what was going on_who shipped the propofal to Dr Conrad. Why would a dermatolagist prescribe Demerol. I am frightened to listen to what other things went on and NO ONE did or said anything. Michael had no friends just leeches

Doodles

WOW, Once you see something you can no unsee it. As I was scrolling through TMZ webpage I totally did not want to see this. It makes me so sad. TMZ you get dirty sometimes but this was beyond low. I don't think I will continue to view your website. You could have had a click button to see in order to give your readers a choice if they wanted to see the picture or not. I didn't want to see it.

Mary P

Just going to make a few points that people wondering why he's in a gown. He's not. He's wearing a white T-shirt with a knot in it. From there, a hospital sheet is on the left side of his body to his upper chest and then a blanket at his waist down. Look under his right armpit towards his chin and you can see the edge of the sheet sticking up a bit. He has a respiratory tube still taped in and hanging out of his mouth.

After finishing working on him, in many states it's the norm or even required to take a photo of anyone who may be a victim of an unnatural death. This is why the gurney's side is down (since he's already gone) and his head partially turned toward this side. It's essentially slide 1 of autopsy photos taken within a few minutes after being declared dead. Sometimes it can help show his coloring, any early signs of rigor mortis, etc. and show the state he was in when found to help establish times of death.

Fuck Celebrities

Dead is dead.

tiziana

be a me sembra troppo giovane in questa foto...sembra dei tempi di scream!!!

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

In THIS pic Michael actually looks like "thank God this is all over, I hope my kids cash in now and God get me the hell outta here please" to me....

Kabala

Mom always says "Presentation is everything".

katie10

FAKE photo, fake conversation...listen to what Romaine Baine said about MJ and drugs, that so called MJ phone conversation which apparently was tape recorded in May, before Murray was even hired..yeah, it's BS..that wasn't MJ and that photo is fake too, duh! If MJ would have already turned blue (i've seen a dead body) and apparently he had been dead for hours, his fingers are curled, his eyes are closed, his mouth is open he still has respiratory tape on, and..oh yeah, they put his hospital gown back on him after he's dead...PLeASE! Such BS...I do think this is a hoax. Why would Murray record and SAVE a message from MJ back in MAY before he came on board...no demerol in MJ's sytem, none what so ever, complete BS by the defense too.

I'm starting to REALLY think this is a HOAX. Romaine Bain practically lived with Michael Jackson, she said the last time she saw him he weighed 160... lbs..what happened? Was that really MJ. And also, Oretga said on Oprah MJ was great, fine..now he says this...hum...I don't know.

HumanNature

katie10:

IN AN EARLIER, POST WAS YOU SPEAKING TO ME????