Rapper Petey Pablo

3 Years in Prison

for Gun Conviction

9/27/2011 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_pete_pablo_getty_BN
Rapper Petey Pablo has been sentenced to spend 35 months in federal prison after trying to take a loaded, stolen handgun through a NC airport last year.

Pablo -- famous for hits like "Freak-A-Leek" and "Raise Up" -- had pleaded guilty to possessing a stolen firearm in a North Carolina courtroom.

As TMZ previously reported, officials found the loaded weapon in Pablo's bag when it went through an X-ray machine at the security checkpoint.

An investigation revealed the gun was stolen in a home burglary in Gardena, CA back in 2005.

No word on when Pablo is set to begin his sentence.

Renee

Who??

Nay Nay

Stop trying to keep up with that thug image. You need to be a career man........

SantaFeJack

As Bugs would say, "What a maroon!"

If sense were common everyone would have it.

You wanted to be gangsta, well congratulations. Now you're gangsta.

notalawyer

'if guns are outlawed, only rappers will have guns'

TMZ Is Destined To Be The Next News of The World

Can't believe it but my comment was deleted. Wow TMZ. People say the most racist, bigoted things in the comments section of any given story you all print and my comment was deleted? There was nothing racist or bigoted about my comment. Just wow.

Ben

"take a loaded, stolen handgun through a NC airport last year."

They should give you ANOTHER 3 years for being STUPID ! !

The Neko Nation

Typical, live the gangsta lifestyle and go to prison.

James R. - Los Angeles

STREET CRED!

His prison experience will make a great song someday. . .

dee

When I watch my local news and Im no*****ching but have it on and reading the paper or doing something else and I hear man found dead, mcdonalds robbed etc etc I don,t look up because I know its going to be a black person, why because they have to some reason carry a gun so if they all enjoy shooting up each other and gotta have it for protection or just like to be the big cheese then I have a plan, load their black asses up fly em to iraq or a***instan or mexico and just fire away and help our men at war, if not be nice leave your guns at home but what ever the punishment its not enough.

Apolloniabliss

Dummy

arty

Did he just simply forget that he had a gun in his bag????

sPaNkdEnALgAs

IDIOT!!!

Kmr1

NO! Not freak N Leak!!!! I will continue to power walk to your music.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2