T.I.'s First Day of Freedom

Bring on the Southern FEAST!!!

9/29/2011 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0929_ti_food_tmzcomposite_ex
It's only been a few hours since T.I. was officially declared a free man -- and his family is already throwing together a "welcome home" party for the ages ... filled with mountains of Southern-style cooking.

As we previously reported, T.I. was released from an Atlanta halfway house early this morning -- and we're told his aunt and wife whipped up a bomb-ass celebration dinner ... featuring a family-recipe mac 'n cheese, fried and BBQ chicken, fish, ribs, collard greens, salad, and RED VELVET cake.

It's going down any minute now -- and we're told the entire to-do will be potluck style ... with all of T.I.'s close friends and family bringing over even more food.

Consider this feast round 2 -- T.I. celebrated with a similarly soulful meal about a month ago on his way to the halfway house ... before he was thrown back in prison.

0930_stuffed_stars_footer_footer

lady

Why does everyone want to know about the watermelon? OMG its like part of the all american meal. Well here in the U.S anyway.

NIECIY

Damn that feast looks southernly good!! enjoy!!

Jesse Atwater

Is it racist that there is a watermelon in the picture, but not mentioned in the article?

Team T.I.

**** TMZ FOR THE WATERMELON PIC and **** YOU BLOGGERS

myliverhurts

What you know about that? About that Chicken and watermelon that is.

saywhat?

What's up with the WATERMELON in the photo. Is that an assumption or was it on the menu? I don't like it!

myliverhurts

Wheres the Newports and section 8 voucher? Am I missing something?

April

I like how you guys threw in a watermelon. Stereotype much? lol

boxyroom

One could only hope he does not go back to jail. Just enjoy the food and all the love you are being showered with.

cherylann oliver

i luv me sum T.I. welcom home TIP........

john

thats wsup

Homie

Watermelon is delicious and refreshing and is served at most southern style cookouts. Unfortunately, watermelon is the only healthy thing these folks eat. The collard greens and kale that they make is cooked in a ton of bacon fat because the actual taste of the healthy raw vegetable without the fat is clearly like kryptonite to some. Atleast they are keeping the drug companies in business.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3