Hooters Sues Rival

Alleging Breastaurant Knockoff

9/30/2011 1:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0930_hooters_BN_02
Hooters
claims another restaurant chain stole its trade secrets ... no, not chicken wings ... it's another part of the bird.

According to court docs obtained by TMZ, Hooters claims a former VP defected to a competing company -- La Cima Restaurants, LLC  which is now developing a competing boob-intensive chain called "Twin Peaks" -- but before he left he allegedly pilfered some highly-sensitive documents which serve as a business road map.

Hooters contends Joseph Hummel, the alleged Benedict Arnold of large and often artificial brests, is now in possession of plans related to management, recruitment, distribution and sales.  As for recruitment, we're thinking it should be kinda obvious.

Hooters wants a judge to order La Cima to fire Hummel and to ignore whatever they now know about Hooters based on the sensitive documents.  Good luck with that one.

Breast wars ... sounds delicious.

Cap10John

"Brests?" Get a spell-checker!

James R. - Los Angeles

Sounds like a titillating story.

Keep me abreast of further news updates.

McG

Put you "brest" foot forward. Or wing? Leg? TMZ typos are funny.

Mark

haha twin peaks was an awesome show... and a great name for a titty resturant

longagain

"wants a judge to order La Cima to fire Hummel and to ignore whatever they now know about Hooters". Most companies are run by men so this will be impossible to implement.

anony

"Breastaraunt"--don't tell me that TMZ actually came up with that.
If I wanted to get into that business, that's EXACTLY what I'd call my restaurant.

KnuckleDragger

Maybe you should get a spell checker. Spell-check is hyphenated. Spell checker isn't.

Vagitarian

I want to be Twin Peaks' new "talent" recruiter.

Missy

I think this theme is a bit played out!

YourMomsMan

There is a knock off hooters near my house called KNOCKERS!

asstird

This isn't fair!You can't trademark bOObs.
I am starting a camplain called "freedom for bOObs"tm

TMZebra

I hope they serve chicken wings at the court hearing.

en Todo Momento!!

i'm waiting for someone to start up a chain called 'single dingle' or something like that, where you can see clearly the boners of the wait staff through some real tight short shorts! now THAT! would make me huuuuuungryyyy!!! yummy yum. i don't think i'd ever want to eat anywhere else from then on!!

Brandon

These what ever you want to call them are closing down everywhere there is so much garbage it ha***** its limit

Simon P. Bedard

C'mon you think just because it is the same in your minds,it's the same in everyone's mind?Get real and into the 21rst century!..I say rock on !

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments