Gene Simmons & Shannon Tweed

Tie the Knot

10/2/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1002_gene_simmons_tweed_exd_getty
After 28 years together, Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed finally tied the knot yesterday at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Among the nearly 400 guests were Hugh Hefner, Bill Maher and the members of KISS ... including Paul Stanley, who was in the wedding party.

We're told Tweed was wearing $2.5 million of diamonds for the first dance ... and that does NOT include engagement ring. Michael Raven handmade the jewelry -- which included 13 pieces for the bride and bridal party, consisting of earrings necklaces and a $420,000 bracelet.

The couple's two kids -- Nick, 22, and Sophie, 19 -- were also there, with Sophie serving as maid of honor.

randy

too many typos and errors in this news article. ugh

dougstyle

they are both disgusting.... they deserve each other, now go away....

mikey

I hear a band Vintage Trouble played there. Looked 'em up and they sound great!

kristine

Mazel Tov to you both Shannon & Gene. Now that they are married, the "haters" need to work on Kurt Russel & Goldie Hawn...(LOL)

D

If Gene Simmons has slept with over 5,000 women as he claims, how come none have come forward to talk? I mean Tiger Woods only slept with, what a dozen? And, they all have book deals? I think Gene is a liar and a publicity whore!

Rottweiler

EWWWW Bill Maher at the wedding, I just threw up in my mouth.

adreebaby122

why do people believe what they see on tv? theres editing and they dont show the real stuff.congrats!!!! i wish them a long marrige! <3 <3 <3

Lola

Gene's 62 and Shannon's 54. Have to say they must have something to make the public pay this much attention to them. Some people have grown to actually care what happens to them as human beings, along with their family, which is a positive thing. Without reality tv, the family would be nobodies to the world in general, and Simmons would be that demon-looking guy from KISS, whoever that is. Why is a rock band still viable when the players are in their sixties? Wasn't rock about youth and rebellion? I'm not complaining, just asking.

I support anybody who tries to make a real marriage and family work. I've seen the dark side and it's awful.

K-Fed-Ex

*Yawn.*

dimes

Is that a picture of wax figures in Madame Tussaud's?

Hyde

Beautiful Shannon deserves way better than this cheater. He won't change. And to the chicks who sleep with him, what's WRONG with you??

St. Nick

Really, Gene, you should put his makeup back on.

I heard ever since he took off his makeup, all his groupies are sueing him to get their *******s back.

Diane

I really did not want to see this wedding happen...other than the fact that now Shannon can take 1/2 of Gene's financial worth anytime by leaving him. She has already lived at least half of her adult life as well as given birth to and raised Gene's 2 children alone while he was a globe-trotting womanizer....or girl-izer, maybe I should say. Shannon has had WAY too much plastic surgery...is there such a disgrace to actually LOOK like you're in your 50's when you are? Why is it so necessary that women insist upon looking like 30 year-olds when in their 50's? I totally watch the show for the kids, mainly Nick. That guy is so grounded it's unbelievable. Shannon did good by the kids. She always has been a good mom except by staying with their sorry dad for so long. I hope to hell she leaves him now and hits him in the wallet really hard.

montanadiana

So many meanies! Marriage is a lovely institution. I've tried it 4 times before I found the right guy. Congrats to Gene (who made a bazillion $$ from pretty much a mediocre band) and Shannon. All the happiness in the world to you all.

CountryGal

Is scared of the bitch above this post who has been married 4 times. After the 2nd divorce you need to give up and realize you were not meant to be married. That being said these are two of the ugliest people I've ever seen. Who is watching this reality show??? Is he famous for being on Planet Of The Apes?