Amanda Knox

Monday Could Be Freedom Day

10/3/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1002_Amanda_Knox_getty
Amanda Knox could be a free woman if her murder conviction is overturned ... and a decision is expected to come down today.

Knox was sentenced to 26 years in jail back in December 2009 for the murder of her roommate, Meredith Kercher. Knox's boyfriend at the time, Raffaele Sollecito, was also found guilty and sentenced to 25 years.

Both Knox and Sollecito appealed and their appeals are being heard together.

The Perugia Court of Appeal in Italy could overturn the conviction and ... if that happens ... Knox would be immediately freed.

But there are actually three other possible outcomes -- the appeals court could uphold the original conviction and sentence, reduce the sentence, or increase it to life in prison.

Italy does not have the death penalty.

update_bar
Knox addressed the jury this morning, saying, "I am not what they say I am. I did not kill. I did not rape. I did not steal."

lost grrl

I cannot believe how many people still think she did it! Research, people!

hbscanner

anyone know if she is single?? Looks like wife material to me

Cujeaux

The italian*****e her for her slutty behavior, numerous sex partners, dild*s and flirting with the cameras. She'll be very lucky if she ever sets foot out of that country.

two cents

Amanda and Casey should become reomates on a new reality show! Call it two girls; one cell. I'm so sick of hearing about her sob story. She's not famous, why do we care? Lock her up for life if only so I'll never hear about her sob story again. Poor spoiled, little, rich white girl. lol

Peter Sc

If she doesn't the time for exchange students is over.

Today the various exchange student agencies have lawyered up so any police action against an Exchange Student will secure some protection against a police beating like the one Amanda Knox received over 23 hours leading to some kind of "confession".

The number exchange students have dropped and a number of websites for possible exchange students warn against Italy, but a guilty verdict will damage not only the exchange student industry in Italy. It would damage the exchange student industry worldwide.

Ace

I think Amanda is innocent. I think the evidence against her is crap. I also think there is no way the Italians are going to let her go. I hope I'm wrong, I hope she is set free today.

piratesrule8

I can't believe the results of this poll with most people believing she DIDN'T do it (or was at least involved).... Probably a load of American's swayed by the complete lack of objectivity in the American media who have in turn been swayed by the huge PR campaign behind her.

jojax

If she gets life I urge all Americans not to buy Perugia candy or travel to Italy.

James R. - Los Angeles

Let's hope she's found guilty and stays there in prison.

Otherwise, she'll be back in the States on every talk show answering the same old redundant questions, "How did it feel when you were first found guilty?", "How did it feel when you were finally freed?" and the standard, "What are you going to do now?"

And don't forget the book she'll write and t.v. movie offer from Lifetime.

Atlantaseabreeze

I think she got hammered by the corrupt Italian system. There have been a couple books about the corruption of the Italian judicial system. Of course she will have to write books etc.. Do you realize how expensive traveling and paying hotels, court costs have been for her family?!

Emjay

Just because she looks like the girl next door does not guarantee her innocence... respect for the justice systems of other countries is paramount in international justice.

ilovegossip

Yes, read about how she changed her story mid stream from what she did that night. And, how she accused an innocent man of being there, who turned out to have an air tight alibi.
She may not have killed her, but she is far from innocent.

schtoop

1. she was in the house when meredith kercher was being attacked, had her throat cut and bled to death.

2. amanda knox told police she was'nt at the house and was with her boyfriend of 1 week at his house which was found to be a lie.. and then she changed her story saying she was there and covered her ears when she heard screams coming from kerchers room.

3.Amanda Knox's DNA was found on the handle of the murder weapon.

4.Amanda Knox's bloody fingerprint was found on the tap of a bathroom next to kerchers room.

5.Amanda knox's boyfriend Sollecito's DNA was found on kerchers bra.

6.bloody footprint's found in Amanda Knox's bedroom.

7.An Albanian witness tells police Knox threatened him with a knife after he crashed his car and that she was with the two other suspects 24 hours before Kercher was killed.

8.Knox and Sollecito's lawyers started a pact so they could stand together against the 3rd suspect.

9.the morning the murder happened, amanda's boyfriend bought 2 large bottles of bleach 1 at 8am and the 2nd 45 minutes later.

I mean honestley it goes on an on, and to address the "contaminated evidence" all that means is at the crime scene the knife could have been moved by a police officer but that doesnt change the fact that Amanda Knox's DNA was found on the handle.

Is she guilty of slashing kercher's throat whether she was in the room or not? I dont know..

Is she innocent? Definatley not.

Nicole

I hope justice previals and that she is exonerated today.

Libera Amanda e Raffaele!

themaestrosgirl

Wasn't the prosecution's case based on Satanic ritual and marijuana-fueled rage? It just seems odd how they did their investigation, especially the forensics.
I say she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and the Italian justice system wants to make an example of her.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments