« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hank Williams Jr.

My Obama Comment Was 'Misunderstood'

10/3/2011 5:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1003_mnf_hank_williams_getty_ex_2

Hank Williams Jr. has just released a statement regarding his controversial statements on Fox News Channel this morning -- claiming he was simply "misunderstood" when he compared Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler.

Williams Jr. says, "Some of us have strong opinions and are often misunderstood. My analogy was extreme – but it was to make a point. I was simply trying to explain how stupid it seemed to me - how ludicrous that pairing was."

He continues, "They’re polar opposites and it made no sense. They don’t see eye-to-eye and never will. I have always respected the office of the President.”

Williams Jr. adds, "Every time the media brings up the tea party it’s painted as racist and extremists – but there’s never a backlash – no outrage to those comparisons… Working class people are hurting – and it doesn’t seem like anybody cares. When both sides are high-fiving it on the ninth hole when everybody else is without a job – it makes a whole lot of us angry. Something has to change. The policies have to change.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Home Skillet

Jr is your typical redneck - ignorant, me-me-me-me-me, can't see past his own nose and isn't intelligent enough to even understand anyone else's viewpoints but their own. Sell the South to Mexico immediately.

Vasquezi

You also said the the President and Vice President were the enemies. Did we misunderstand that too? Stop back tracking. You don't need to agree with them. But, they are patriots too, just with different beliefs on how to make this country successful. Don't say you respect the office until you show some respect Mr. Williams.

dragonflyez8

AMEN HANK, I feel the same way, something has to change, I was once a single parent in the middle class now, Im a single parent in the POOR class!!

Senkle

Why is it people assume if you don't support Obama's politics you are a racist? The fact that people do that EVERY day shows a serious lack of intelligence.

CountryGal

All liberals know how to do is protest and bitch about EVERYTHING while collecting welfare checks. PUT DOWN YOUR PROTEST SIGNS AND GET A ******* JOB! Oh yeah u can't get a job because obama has destroyed the country.

SmarterThanYou

Ok, I'll give you that Hank. But what was that other comment you made when asked to clarify your analogy. You know...the one to which you responded, "Obama & Biden are the enemy."? So.........

Vicky

I can't believe ESPN pulled his song from the commercials based on a comment he made that is his personal opinion. I couldn't imagine that I COULD lose my job for giving my opinion on politics. I know that I wouldn't. If I were Hank, I'd tell ESPN that they COULDN'T use my song ever again.

tina

tina

Janet Miller

I am with Hank Williams. I remember when some of the members of the democrats called Bush Hitler and no one ever saw anything wrong with that. They called Bush so many names. Now that you have Odumbo there then its different

joey

what a backwards red neck hick! blame all the **** that bush did in eight years an expect obama to fix it when he cant because the house is full of republican ******** who block every bill for health care and lower taxes and basic human rights because the wealthy don't wanna be taxed ....... btw the 9/11 attacks were bull**** jet fuel cant melt steel and the planes didn't cause them to fall...think out of the box people

rock

hank, you really cant be so stupid can you?....if you are a repuke, then i'll never listen to any of your crap anymore!
...and i always thought you were like common folks, not corporate whore repukes!

Bellaca

You mean a redneck said something ignorant.

He needs to go back to living off his father's name and fame.,

MARGETALICA

WELFARE OF MASS DESTRUCTION WMD - FEED BAGGERS - HAVE KANYE - THE TEA PARTY OLD PEOPLE HAVE HANK - GET OVER IT IT'S FREE SPEECH !

MARGETALICA

SOME PEOPLE LIKE PEPSI- SOME PEOPLE LIKE COKE- FEED BAGGERS - USE THE BABY MAMA DRAMA CHILD SUUU-PORT CARDS TO SLURP 5 DOLLA YA ALL APPLE BOTTOM FEEDER SLUSH DRINKS @ APPLEBEE'S STIFFING THE WAIT STAFF- TEA BAGGERS PAY FOR THEIR OWN GRUB AT CRACKER BARREL LEAVE 10% TIPS... GET OVER IT IT'S STILL AMERICA !