« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hank Williams Jr.

My Obama Comment Was 'Misunderstood'

10/3/2011 5:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1003_mnf_hank_williams_getty_ex_2

Hank Williams Jr. has just released a statement regarding his controversial statements on Fox News Channel this morning -- claiming he was simply "misunderstood" when he compared Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler.

Williams Jr. says, "Some of us have strong opinions and are often misunderstood. My analogy was extreme – but it was to make a point. I was simply trying to explain how stupid it seemed to me - how ludicrous that pairing was."

He continues, "They’re polar opposites and it made no sense. They don’t see eye-to-eye and never will. I have always respected the office of the President.”

Williams Jr. adds, "Every time the media brings up the tea party it’s painted as racist and extremists – but there’s never a backlash – no outrage to those comparisons… Working class people are hurting – and it doesn’t seem like anybody cares. When both sides are high-fiving it on the ninth hole when everybody else is without a job – it makes a whole lot of us angry. Something has to change. The policies have to change.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Curt

Yeah it was clearly misunderstood because he was drunk. Did anyone else see it. Think about it he hits on the chick that's out of his league then he says "in the country this shape is in" and screams very randomly "OBAAMA". It was hilarious to me. I don't see why he can't sing the Monday Night Football song anymore. We knew he's had a drinking problem since 1973 at least.

tb

Foootball is American and what Hank said shows that Americans are behind the curve when we cant even look after each other regarless of race creed or color. Wake up we neeed each other to make a change, God bless the USA!

glenn blackwell

Hanks music sales are low. Time for another career field.
He plans to run for senate. His comment was for attention. There is the three group audience:
People who know him as the "guy" doing the football song. People that actually follow his music.
And people the remember his father.

He took care to not enrage democrats nor republicans.
But made a point to get in hi*****ler comment.
Sent the message, then back pedals for more air time.

Gringo

Kir you jerk off Obama didn't get us into this war looking for WMD's - your mnan Bush did.

GET YOUR F@#!&*G FACTS STRAIGHT

dane

Another ignorant biget that still pissed that the yankees
won.Instead of burning a cross why don't burn that white
hood and cloak he wears every weekend.
Gotta love these *******gers they believe that we should get rid of the middle class and have 5% of the population
have 75% of the money and the other 95% should split up
the 25 % left.yeah,give all the tax breaks and subsidies
to the big business and the rich so they can invest it overseas hiring non-Americans making our goods so they can
make more prophet and put more of us in the poor house.

Shep

Apparently, talent skips a generation.

Frank

Hank you should be shown the door and thrown out of our country. You are a stupid, inbred hillbilly. I bet your parents were brother and sister. Come to Ohio I'll stomp a mud hole in you....

aggie

so they played golf...big deal....they cannot be civil people outside of the political arena...opposing teams of all types put aside differences for down time and r and r...which they are entitle to...the *******gers and right wing politicals who are only interested in keeping their coffers full as they shut down every attempt for the little guy suffereing out there (that williams seemed so concerned about) need to worry about what kind of "golf game" THEY are playing! take off the shades and look a little closer, hank!

Robyn

Hank was'nt saying anything abouts his race.He was saying for careing so much about the us hes not doing hole lot.Hes spending time enjoy his self at a game of golf when he really does care so much about people being jobless.That was on his character
who he its not his skin color.Color does not make us who we are but the things we do, say and act like matter.Which if you wacth obama hes lied alot an done oppisite what he first said.Double minded people are not trust wrothy and if someones not trustworthy
should they be ower president?I love ever one.I just don't think hes a fit to run the us.Look for your selfs at prison planet.com.Hes may be pupet but you have a choice playing the part.Look moe into t you will find the truth.

tony

all politians better wake up

Robyn

should they be ower president?I love ever one.I just don't think hes a fit to run the us.Look for your selfs at prison planet.com.Hes may be pupet but you have a choice playing the part.Look more into t you will find the truth.

SAM JADE

"Working class people are hurting â and it doesnât seem like anybody cares"
DID Mr. Hank checked out his fact to see what is the cause of "Working Class" hurt , isn't this the legacy of MR. George W. , that the country is still paying for it.

Rita Machado

I fully agree with Hank. I've thought the same thing for some time now. Obama is nothing but a promotional speaker who has the arriogant look & total disregard for this wonderful country we live in. His jutted chin, his crouch salute of the flag. He is a traitor in my book & pray he will be replaced in 2012 by a landslide. It irks me he will get a nice retirement if he is defeated. Our military men have paid a hugh sacrafice, not only in horrible loss of life, loss of limbs etc., but loss of pay, but you know how much Congress gave themselves & have the audacity to not pay our Military. In my opinion he should be impeached without benefits from the American people. He is a disgrace! All those on the dole will be out in numbers to elect this man, they don't want to loss their easy life. Having more babies to ensure the status quo. I am a minority, my ancesters came here legally & taught us to work hard & save some money each paycheck & not to touch it for frivolous things. My neighbor (a stauch Democrat) & I had a discussion & she said well you accepted the stimulus package didn't you? I said yes, but I didn't spend it, I put it into a savings account, because I knew my federal taxes were going to go up & I would need that to compensate for the increase! We are up to our necks in debt to China & what we need is to maintain a strong Military & work hard to get back to being the strong country we used to be. God Bless the United States of America & may Freedom Reign Forever!

Barry Osborn

I get tired of siking liberals getting mad about husein hitler being talked about, the party needs to grow u an accept thye truth,,,,, obama is bad news, hitler was just an a example of what obama would like to do to everyone that i not a black muslim.... have uever seen anyone ike him? ne hates the truth!

George

Bocephus is spot on. The average American has been forced by our government into a third world existence. Ou current President, although a skilled orator, has not put America and her ideals forward as his first agenda. He seems to be too worried as to what the Muslim World might think IMHO.