"King of Freestyle" Stevie B

I'm Changing My Deadbeat Ways

10/3/2011 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1003_stevie_b_myspace_BN-02
Latin legend Stevie B just pled guilty to owing $420,000 in unpaid child support -- but he has promised the court ... he's gonna do his damnedest to pay it off.

Stevie -- real name Steven Bernard Hill -- was arrested outside his concert in Massachusetts this weekend for owing the enormous sum to his baby mama.

Stevie was arraigned in court this morning -- and according to court sources, he promised to pay $921.25 a week in child support, and an additional $500 a month toward his arrears.

Stevie B is still in custody -- and must pay a $10,000 lump sum toward the $420,000 balance in order to get out of jail.

Stevie's lawyer tells TMZ, "This was an unfortunate misunderstanding and Stevie B is a wonderful and loving father and caring husband." He's due back in court on November 18th.

HumanNature

PLEASE PAY YOUR CHILD SUPPORT FIRST!!!!

YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN DESERVES THE ABSOLUTELY "BEST"!!!

BEFORE YOU EAT MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN EATS FIRST!!!!

MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CHILD HAS A ROOF OVER HIS/HER HEAD FIRST AND CLOTHES ON THEIR BACK!!!!

MAKE YOUR SURE THAT YOUR CHILD HAS ADEQUATE MEDICAL CARE AT ALL TIME!!!!

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, BE THERE FOR YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN!!!

PEACE

Cheryl A.

"A misunderstanding" ??? Really?????

Pay your damn child support, loser!!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Stevie B?? If you feel what I am feeling then the truth is just believing, you're my..you're my diamond girl--Stevie B??

Mel Zipskin

See? Black men and their fatherlessness is a damn shame. 73% out of wedlock rate those black women are getting knocked up by black men not us!

its' a shame the way they treat their own flesh and blood those kids are angry flashmobbing violent high school dropouts everybody knows these but black men throw their women and kids under a bus and WE are the ones paying!!

Kiki

Seriously? At $500/month it will take over 68 years to pay back the arrears!

fstblk

I thought that was Jermaine Jackson!!!!

Rob D

a no talent douchebag

Oh well

Only 500 a month toward the back support? Your talking about 70 years to pay that.......... Give me a break

OnlineCriticChick

HA HA! WIsh they would do that with my songs father, he hasnt paid me anything in YEARS, its hard to find someone when they hide, I hate a deadbeat dad!!

frnacisco 2010

Stevie B is a wonderful and loving father and caring husband?hahahahaha he just forgets to pay $420 000 bul ****

Sarina Brewster

Here is a guy that is fully cooperative, and paying whatever his baby mama perceives that she is owed DESPITE the fact that he said he has paperwork to prove that he's paid all along. This is an example of a jaded ex trying to get more money. PERIOD. His lawyer Justin Nadeau of Portsmouth will take care of this. Justin is a BIG GUN in this area and we'll see a positive outcome for both parties.

Mel

Funny how all of these "has beens" are dead beat dads!
My friend has a daughter with Father MC aka Fambody and he also owes about 400k in back child support for his daughter.
AND has the nerve to keep having babies with everyone and not supporting them.
Father MC, Fambody, or whatever you want to call yourself nowadays- please take care of your many kids or please stop having them. I think you have about 15 now with all different mothers!!!

Gina

what a deadbeat loser LOL! It was so funny how he was hauled off stage, I think he was crying like a baby.. i thought I heard from a distance say "i want my mama"!!

JohnnyO

All those years and all those shows in clubs (and you're still touring) and you forgot to pay support for your children? In the amount of close to 1/2 a million?!

Stevie, you're a douchebag!

And for the record...."Diamond Girl" was a track sung and performed by "Nice N'Wild", not Stevie "D" (Deadbeat).