Diddy Apologizes

"I'm Sorry for the Ignorant Way

I Represented Myself"

10/4/2011 6:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diddy Apologizes
Diddy
claims he "backslid and regressed" when he shouted racial and homophobic slurs at a clubgoer in Atlanta this weekend ... and now the rap mogul is begging for forgiveness.

Diddy went to his Twitter page a few hours ago ... and issued an apology to his fans for the way he acted inside Compound nightclub Saturday night ... when he threw ice at a clubgoer, threatened to fight the guy ... and then called him a "n**ga" and a "f**got."

Diddy explained, "I'm sorry for the ignorant way I repesented [SIC] myself ... I have backslid and regressed. Forgive me for my ignorance. Pray for me pls. I know better and I am better."

He added, "I have a responibility [SIC] that I promise I will live up to. And I'm more dissapointed [SIC] in myself than you know. I will humble myself and learn."

TMZ spoke to the man on the receiving end of the slurs, Ricky Parker, who tells us he felt "humiliated and disrespected" by Diddy ... and claims he will no longer support the hip hop icon.

Parker tells us he couldn't believe that Diddy would attack him so ferociously, simply because he was drinking Grey Goose vodka that night and NOT Ciroc vodka, which Diddy serves as a spokesperson for.

Parker tells us, "You won't ever hear me support him from this moment forward."

1004_ricky_subasset_01

Jean

Hey, Diddy. How about apologizing for what you SAID. No one gives a crap how you 'represented' your sorry self.

Gavin Newsom

Pot, the kettle is calling you...

Hed Furst

You can take the Ninja out the hood but you cant take the hood out tha Ninja.... like hes actually gonna fight someone... Id be super tough if I had body guards too...!!!

jj

Im from Harlem and I am about Rickys size and unfortunately, I would not have stood by like a VA-jay jay. I would have throw a bottle of ciroc at diddys open mouth. I hate ignorance....but some people only understand an a$$ beating!

porkbomb

diddy is a piece of ****, he needs to go away

matt

Figures Diddy picked on the skinniest guy in the building - BET IF the guy was LL Cool J's size Diddy wouldnt have said sh$t.
What a poser
Maybe he should appologize to that guy - not the public what an a-hole

matt

What a poser
Maybe he should appologize to that guy - not the public what an a-hole

mhm her

is that katy perry's character from the "last friday nite" video in the background??? hahah

wayne

itz real sad he would talk to someone of his race like that everyone isnt as lucky as him and the guy was there to just have fun not be bullied by someone its so sad diddy puffy who the f ever he thinks he is thinks he can treat people that way caz he has money

Jah36

He's only a tough guy if he has security to protect him. Interesting he never pulled stunts like this around Suge Knight! Psy!

mlzz

i forgive ya diddy, unlike 95% of the bitter folks here.

stylzeunique

Wow...Omg what is the world coming to? Mr. Prideful, himself is humbling himself and apologizing. Do he enough go to church? if he do he sho need to take kanye with him and Jesus need to walk with both of them.

jaay1

wow, nobody ever forgives here. Get over it.

agold

He regressed? Ya, right. That's the real him. Everything else is an act. He's not talented nor is he a good businessman. Money begets money. Once he had a few dollars it was easy to make a ton more selling out his own demographic. He's a hack and he's an ignorant douche.

nicole

going to Ciroc Vodka website to request they DROP this idiot! HIT HIM WHERE IT HURTS! wallet!