Diddy Apologizes

"I'm Sorry for the Ignorant Way

I Represented Myself"

10/4/2011 6:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diddy Apologizes
Diddy
claims he "backslid and regressed" when he shouted racial and homophobic slurs at a clubgoer in Atlanta this weekend ... and now the rap mogul is begging for forgiveness.

Diddy went to his Twitter page a few hours ago ... and issued an apology to his fans for the way he acted inside Compound nightclub Saturday night ... when he threw ice at a clubgoer, threatened to fight the guy ... and then called him a "n**ga" and a "f**got."

Diddy explained, "I'm sorry for the ignorant way I repesented [SIC] myself ... I have backslid and regressed. Forgive me for my ignorance. Pray for me pls. I know better and I am better."

He added, "I have a responibility [SIC] that I promise I will live up to. And I'm more dissapointed [SIC] in myself than you know. I will humble myself and learn."

TMZ spoke to the man on the receiving end of the slurs, Ricky Parker, who tells us he felt "humiliated and disrespected" by Diddy ... and claims he will no longer support the hip hop icon.

Parker tells us he couldn't believe that Diddy would attack him so ferociously, simply because he was drinking Grey Goose vodka that night and NOT Ciroc vodka, which Diddy serves as a spokesperson for.

Parker tells us, "You won't ever hear me support him from this moment forward."

1004_ricky_subasset_01

EastCoastChopper

Puffy is new money who had to spend months learning the difference between digestif and aperitif! Dude has always been ignorant – goes to the Forge in Miami Beach and orders 24 wings and a pitcher of “purple drank” - They asked him to leave. Dude goes to the Hilton Head with a golf cart with 24's and spinners...They asked him to leave...

Jeffrey

Very disappointed. I didn't think Diddy was like that. The true Diddy has come out. Too late for apologies. They are just full of hot air.

Toasty J

The only reason he is apologizing is because he probably received a phone call from Ciroc Vodka telling him he will lose his endorsement contract.
Ciroc does not want GLAAD up their a$s.

AlwaysOnTimeB

I love it when I read a comment that states "who cares?" I would like to say to all those people that say "who cares," YOU DO!! If you didn't care about this story or any other TMZ story, you wouldn't continue to come to this site, read the stories and take the time to post "who cares?" Once again, YOU DO! LMBO!!!

EastCoastChopper

Puffy is new money who had to spend months learning the difference between digestif and aperitif! Dude's always been ignorant – goes to the Forge in Miami Beach and orders 24 wings and a pitcher of “purple drank” They asked him to kindly depart the VIP.

Dude show up at Hilton Head with a golf cart on 24's with spinners...They called the cops.

Dude goes to Cannes and was rebuked after he wanted to host a "Getup in them guts" party at the Martinez Hotel - They booked him into the Holiday Inn down the coast.

STFUP

You can take the ignorant jackazz out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the ignorant jackazz!

nitro

Just goes to show one can be taken out of the getto but you can not take the getto out of the person. You showes you colors Diddy.

Bird

To all the dimwitted f_cks who come to every story just to say, "WHO CARES TMZ!!? NO ONE CARES ABOUT THESE PEOPLE!", **** you. You think no one cares about the story? Well no one cares about you and your complaining either, but you still insist on doing it. If you don't like, or don't care about something, don't subject yourself to it. You people bitch and moan about how TMZ sucks, and how you can't stand celebrities. Well, then why the f_ck are you here? No one is forcing you do come to this site, read the articles and then comment on them. In fact, we all wish you would go away. FFS.

Anyways, PDiddy is a ****. Look at that lil boy he was pickin' on. Kid doesn't even look old enough to be out of high school, let alone drinking in the club. It's like P Diddy ran around the place, found the ONE person smaller than him who wasn't a woman, and started a fight. You're not "tough" Diddy, you never were. Picking on people smaller than you because they weren't drinking your sh_tty ass vodka? Pffft.

HARDY-HAR-HAR

I can understand why the guy doesn't want to be a Diddy fan anymore, and that is fine. Diddy sounds very sorry for the whole thing though, and he's offered a very humble apology. We all make mistakes, nobody is perfect. All you can do is apologize, repent, and then move on.

Ray

Sobieski Vodka will treat you taste buds and wallet much better.Might make you less trendy, but stay thirsty my friends

jack-55d79

Every salesman should be aware that berating potential customers for using a rival brand is a no-no. Vodka salesmen included. But I can't be that nasty - it is a bit unfair to refer to him as a vodka salesman because he was innovative in in bringing hip hop to a much wider audience and as a musician/producer/businessman. An genuine innovator. That said, act like an irate vodka salesman, and that's what people will think. I just wish we heard more from him musically and less about bling and commerce. He can probably afford to be an artist again (although, granted, recoupable expenses may dent that with a major label).

STFUP

Diddly f**ks up again & agian & agin, oh , and AGAIN!
His 'apologies' mean NOTHING! All he's sorry for is that it got out to the public. The guy's a jackazz & always will be.
He believes, VERY FALSELY, that he's better that everyone else. He's deluded & someone needs to wake his dumb azz up!

Mike

This guy ALWAYS apologizes! He say*****eful, bigoted, racist things and then says "I'm sorry!" It doesn't mean a thing! He got caught saying ugly,homophobic things (yet again) and I'm sure there will not be an apology to the gay community he slammed. The word "******" has an insult factor to gays like the "N" word does to african-american's. Let's see him apologize to those he slurred for a change. His "I got caught so I'll apologize" moments are numerous..how about meaning it this time?!

CrashAndBurn

The funniest part of this story is he talking mad ish to the most scrawniest peeps in the crowd. Not an ounce of meat on this bragh. That's hilarious. Puffy the tough guy in the building honing out the weakest link in the crowd... lol... pure wuss. Look at the light skin ho on the bottom laughing her butt off. He talkin to you too stupid! And there's two light skinned bragh's right there stuck on stupid. Puffy would most definitely slang it with a midget because he is the tough guy that he is.

MariJoy

He deserves nothing. It's like spitting on your fans to act that way in public - no second chances!!