Diddy Apologizes

"I'm Sorry for the Ignorant Way

I Represented Myself"

10/4/2011 6:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diddy Apologizes
Diddy
claims he "backslid and regressed" when he shouted racial and homophobic slurs at a clubgoer in Atlanta this weekend ... and now the rap mogul is begging for forgiveness.

Diddy went to his Twitter page a few hours ago ... and issued an apology to his fans for the way he acted inside Compound nightclub Saturday night ... when he threw ice at a clubgoer, threatened to fight the guy ... and then called him a "n**ga" and a "f**got."

Diddy explained, "I'm sorry for the ignorant way I repesented [SIC] myself ... I have backslid and regressed. Forgive me for my ignorance. Pray for me pls. I know better and I am better."

He added, "I have a responibility [SIC] that I promise I will live up to. And I'm more dissapointed [SIC] in myself than you know. I will humble myself and learn."

TMZ spoke to the man on the receiving end of the slurs, Ricky Parker, who tells us he felt "humiliated and disrespected" by Diddy ... and claims he will no longer support the hip hop icon.

Parker tells us he couldn't believe that Diddy would attack him so ferociously, simply because he was drinking Grey Goose vodka that night and NOT Ciroc vodka, which Diddy serves as a spokesperson for.

Parker tells us, "You won't ever hear me support him from this moment forward."

1004_ricky_subasset_01

The Sultan

He is picking on a kid that looks 22 years old & 150lbs...Typical behavior, he got rich selling to teen kids in the suburbs who are too ignorant to know what a typical african american hip hop star really is...a ni**a!

Politico Pablo

Just because he's black, it doesn't give him the right to use such a derogatory word in public. When LBJ got the Voting Rights Act of 1965 passed, he wanted to wipe that word from the Nation's vocabulary so that it would never be used again.

SallyChi

Now that I read the transcript, it seems that Ricky was the wrong one....he was at Diddy's party; right? And Diddy is promoting HIS brand of vodka; right? His party, his vodka...show some respect to the host.

sweetdee88

i'm no puff daddy fan but at least he admitted it. i've said a lot of messed up stuff i didn't mean in the heat of anger.

TheUltraworld

Combs is becoming less relevant in the hip hop world, and this behavior proves it. Ciroc would do better to hire a different spokesman. Someone who at age 41 that is not going to act like an ignorant thug. This is who he really is, the upscale professional is a front.

tony gee

I thought he saw himself in the mirror and started calling out the real n----r and the real f----t. What a ****! They should rape him again because he loves it up the a--.

This is common knowledge amongst those in the know.

Chris

Another black man using the N word which is so offensive to them. Where's Howard Cain now?

Chris

Next he'll be on Dancing with the Stars as Macy's guest musical performer.

ME

*****s will act like *****s no matter how rich they are.

bj

Why is it folks think we all need to pray for them when theyshow their true nature. Diddy is all about the money and himself.......As are most folks with alot of money :)

Pua

Lets see Did, you sponsor a vodka, and alcohol has been a bane to your race. You call out a fellow black man and call him names because he doesn't support the same poison you do.

He looks to be about 130 soaking wet by the photo, yet you have giant brothers all round you ready to pounce on him...

Yeah, your a huge man there Did, and part of the reason the stereotype is so bad for so long. But you're rich right, so that makes it all better...

Jesse

little ass mofo with a big ass mouth trying to punk an even littler skinnier mofo. What a bitch a$$. Bet he wouldnt of said a damn thing if that dude actually had some muscle on him. Puffy wouldnt of said ****. Nada. he would have toasted him. no doubt. Punk

If sense were common everyone would have it.

What I find more interesting is the gleeful looks on the spectators faces. Just looking forward to a fight eh?

Jodi

As far as I'm concerned Diddy can go to hell. As long as he's been in the game she should know better. I don't blame Ricky I wouldn't support him again either.

Why in hell should I pray for him????? Best thing he can do is pray for himself cuz I'm not doing it. IMO he's full of BS anyway.

Jodi

And Macy should drop his punk ass.