« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hank Williams Jr.

My Obama Comments Were 'DUMB'

10/4/2011 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1004_hank_williams_BN_05
Hank Williams Jr.
is kinda, sorta, quasi backing off his horrible Obama-to-Hitler comparison -- calling the statements he made on Fox News "dumb" -- and apologizing for offending people.

Williams released a NEW statement on the matter -- saying, "The thought of the leaders of both parties jukin [sic] and high fiven [sic] on a golf course, while so many families are struggling to get by simply made me boil over and make a dumb statement."

He adds, "I am very sorry if it offended anyone. I would like to thank all my supporters. This was not written by some publicist.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

DW Wood

"betsy witherell: less than a minute ago

Sorry - I thought we lived in America and everyone is entitled to their opinion.... I wonder how much the folks at the White House pay the media that controls ESPN so that they would take off Hank for his comments..it's his opinion, my opinion is that Obama doesn't love a free America, but a socialist America where he plays the Czar... WAKE UP PEOPLE - This isn't the America where you grew up...you think things suck now, re-elect Obama and see where you are in another couple years...."

Wake up and smell the coffee! America was closer to a dictator under almost every recent republican president than it ever was under Obama.

Bush Jr. was against free speak unless you agreed with him, ran your country into a HUGE debt for which you cannot get out of going to war to find "imaginary" weapons of mass destruction and gave the voters no say on any of it.

For Christ sake he wasn't even democratically elected in his first term, count the ballots! In fact I think we need to see Bush Jr's birth certificate, not sure he really is an American.

johnny drama

Hank should apologize to Hitler for comparing him to Obozo. Hitler was a comoptent executive, there's no call for slandering the guy like that. ESPN can lick obama's taint all they want, it dont change the facts, the guy is a total loser.

Lisa

He shouldn't even have to apologize. Seriously people, free speech.

Selebraties Suck

I love all this selective reporting. Does anyone remember the Rape Sarah Palin discussion on - - - - wait for it:

ESPN? What a bunch of phonies at ESPN and TMZ (and the rest of the lying, corrupt, hypocritcal media.

Matt

I remember him having his sorry drunk carcass hauled off the stage in K.C. People paid to see him, brought their kids and were the victims of a drunken, curse filled tirade and 1 and a half songs. He was banned from hillbilly radio in K.C. for a long time afterward. Maybe still. Maybe that fall on his face scrambled his brains more than anyone realized.

Selebraties Suck

Are you ready for some Liberal ESPN Hypocricy?

CriticAl

I'm a friend of our civil liberties, Robert Elliot. You're either for following the letter of the law in the Constitution or you're not. The fifth amendment clearly says: "No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law".

That means the government has to indict a SUSPECTED terrorist (it's not proven unless there is a verdict rendered after a trial), attempt to capture them, and give them a trial. Even Saddam Hussein and Timothy McVeigh were given trials, they weren't targeted for assassination. The prisoners in Gitmo were captured and will face trial eventually, they weren't summarily executed on the battlefield.

Why don't you think before you immediately celebrate and endorse denying someone else their civil rights? It could be YOU next! Without the Constitution protecting you, there is nothing keeping it from happening.

docack

Everybody makes a mistake. So what Let still do his part for NFL football. To me Hank is the best part of NFL football. If you don't like, then don'*****ch that part. More power to the Rednecks.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Oh thanks for informing us that your comments were "dumb." Because we're all so stupid that we can't figure that out. We're all as stupid as you are, moron. Enjoy your unemployment.

JimmyB

Hank's a piece of human waste. Oh...Stupid human waste. Sorry.

docack

What in the world is wrong with my comment " If you don't like Hank don'*****ch that part. I didn't say a 4 letter word!!! Grow up TMZ!!

Woot

I swear to god, this guy always looks like he's wearing a bad disguise.

Woot

He's also quite an illiterate bastard, ain't he?

I am Spartacus

The MNF song still SUCKS!!! Please keep it off the air. Not because of what he said but because of how dumb the song is and how full of himself this guy has become because of it.

Just get Faith Hill to do the Monday song as well as the Sunday Night song she already does because not only is the song better but its a lot better looking at her than this dumb hillbilly.

Jim in Cali

of course u forgive Hank. It was a stupid comparison but he apologized so we all should move on.

BTW he was right with Obama and Boehner golfing being stupid.