MTV Reality Star

Sues HBO Over Johnny Bananas

I WARNED YOU!!!

10/5/2011 8:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Devenanzio
Johnny Bananas
wasn't monkeying around after all ... because the MTV reality star has made good on his threats to sue the people behind "Entourage" for allegedly stealing his nickname to fuel a storyline.

TMZ broke the story ... former "Real World" star Johnny Devenanzio had fired off a cease and desist letter to HBO back in August, claiming producers blatantly tried to "capitalize on the name recognition which I'm solely responsible for creating."

Apparently, HBO neither ceased nor desisted ... because Johnny D. filed a lawsuit in NY against HBO, Time Warner, and "Entourage" creator Doug Ellin.

In case you gave up on "Entourage" ... Johnny Drama agreed to be the voice of an animated TV show called "Johnny's Bananas" ... in which the characters are all apes, gorillas, and other primates ... it was sorta funny.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Johnny claims he "has undergone tremendous emotional distress that has been intentionally inflicted upon plaintiff by defendants' unwarranted, unauthorized, and unjustified use of plaintiff's name and characterization in an offensive and disparaging manner in named 'Entourage'."

0801-johnny-bananas-vid2

The Situation

What a F***ing LOSER!!!!!!!!!! Get it where you can buddy!!! No body knows who you are!!!! LMFAO

BarrysConspiracyWorld

Name Recognition for Johnny Bananas huh?

lalaland

What's funny is he didn't even come up with the name. It's what his teammates started calling him because he's a friggin' nut job. So, THEY should be suing. You're not smart enough to PEEL a banana, much less come up with a funny nick-name.

essequemodeia

When Entourage makes fun of you... oh man, can it get any worse?

ihateskanks

I'd be going after money too if my only claim to fame was having to do MTV challenge shows to makea quick buck because my old pathetic ass can't get a real job. Hey Johnny, you're not that special get over yourself

Delaware D

Dumbest. Lawsuit. EVER.

Kiko

This just in: He is now also suing Gwen Stefani for her lyrics in "Holla Back Girl". This ish is bananas... B A N A N A S

cindy

I can't stand that chauvanistic pig! He's a loud-mouthed A-hole.

I am Spartacus

i hope this guy has to spend money on lawyers and ends up losing. What a d-bag this guy is.

chaz lane

Didn't know he owned the rights to the phrase 'Johnny Bananas'...

c

He should be thanking them. Never heard of this loser before now.

The boss

Get a grip Johnny D. - NO ONE knows who you are and trust me, no one recognizes the name b/c of you. You're a loser, D-list "celebrity".

chrisg

WHO?

Shannon

Ummm... I've only ever seen a handful of Entourage episodes and I know Johnny Bananas from that. I have no idea who this guys is other than the guy suing over Johnny Bananas.

mdg

johnny is bananas (Johnny's bananas).. is not the same as johnny bananas.. unless of course the guy thinks he owns the name johnny and the term bananas which means goofy, crazy, silly, etc..

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments