Steve Jobs' Family

He Died 'Peacefully'

10/5/2011 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Setve Jobs died peacefully
Steve Jobs "died peacefully today surrounded by his family" .... the Apple mogul's family said in a statement.

The family said, "In his public life, Steve was known as a visionary; in his private life, he cherished his  family."

"We are thankful to the many people who have shared their wishes and prayers during the last year of Steve’s illness; a website will be provided for those who wish to offer tributes and memories."

The statement concludes, "We are grateful for the support and kindness of those who share our feelings for Steve. We know many of you will mourn with us, and we ask that you respect our privacy  during our time of grief."

1006_iphone_fans_footer

Lasith

This type of thing make the angels cry, you were choosen from the stars why'd you have to goo its better on the other side.

ripsteve

Big Fan

RIP Steve Jobs!

Show your support and join the facebook page for Steve - http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Steve-Jobs/228780680508694

cathy

the lord need an angel.... may he be in peace

Chris

This saddened my day, I'm not an Apple fanboy but I really admired his passion. RIP Steve

Mrudula

A genius visionary Steve Jobs will be missed and remembered by million of people.. I am big fan of his products and the way handled the business.. My prayers are with his family.

burkey

So sad. Steve's innovative Apple Macintosh and first iphone changed my daughter's life. She has a disability and those 2 devices really made her life much more tolerable.
THANK YOU STEVE. You will be missed.

geezlouise

RIP Mr. Jobs. I don't own any Apple products but I will say that he truly was the Henry Ford of his generation and modern times. He certainly kept the Windows World on their toes.

Aj

RIP Steve Jobs! Thanks to your vision and hard work, I can pursue my creative dreams!!
My condolences to the family!!!

Michael C, Teniente

Rest In Peace, Steve.

Mike t.

Britt

beautiful he will be dearly missed <3

Sincerity

My sincere condolences go out to his friends and loved ones. He may not have been the most well loved entrepreneur but he understood the consumer electronics marketplace very well. His company stayed in the game much longer than many of the heavyweights that were dominating the information technology field when Apple first opened their doors. This, in itself, speaks volumes. His successful foray into the film industry via Pixar is very admirable. He has certainly left a lasting legacy on the modern world and will not be soon forgotten. May you rest in peace Steve Jobs. America can certainly use at least 100 more successful entrepreneurs of your caliber. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!!!

Criss

I'm not shocked, given how sick he was, but it's still a bummer for his family, mostly because he wasn't that old at all.

FashionSpill

We are happy that we had a visionary man like you in earth. Thanks for all the great things you did while you were here. It's so sad that you left so early.

the judge

Actor Charles Napier dies in Bakersfield, CA..cmon TMZ..get with it.