Steve Jobs' Family

He Died 'Peacefully'

10/5/2011 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Setve Jobs died peacefully
Steve Jobs "died peacefully today surrounded by his family" .... the Apple mogul's family said in a statement.

The family said, "In his public life, Steve was known as a visionary; in his private life, he cherished his  family."

"We are thankful to the many people who have shared their wishes and prayers during the last year of Steve’s illness; a website will be provided for those who wish to offer tributes and memories."

The statement concludes, "We are grateful for the support and kindness of those who share our feelings for Steve. We know many of you will mourn with us, and we ask that you respect our privacy  during our time of grief."

1006_iphone_fans_footer

God-Of-Lyf

a website will be provided for those who wish to offer tributes and memories? Like as if he didn't already make a **** ton of money now the family wants more??? SHAME ON THEM!

Jodi

Even though I knew he was in poor health I am shocked by his passing today. The world has lost a brave and brilliant individual whose valuable contribution to society will never be forgotten. My condolences to his family.

The Real JJ

Steve no more pain. R.I.P

Wally

First of all it is really sad that someone with Steve's vision should pass so quickly. That being said TMZ should be "hung and quartered" for showing the pictures of Steve two days after he resigned his position with Apple. For Christ sake the poor guy was dying and the only thing y'all were concerned about was making money by publishing his phote. Y'all are a bunch of really sick bastards.

BangherlustBallings

What gets me is that a cutthroat genius so brilliant can fall victim to the cancer industry whose bait and switch of chemo and radiation treatment is like throwing gas on a fire. Just goes to show you that money and success can't buy you the wisdom of a longer life. RIP Mr. Apple.

LatinaxNation

:( Ashton Kutcher changed his twitter icon to his apple logo and says he's hurt about it. I am too, I knew he was ill but this is just a shock,I really wonder how the apple company will turn out in a few years with him being gone. He was a truly nice man who would always, and I mean ALWAYS step up to the plate to give us what we wanted with his products, rather than have a secret rep write out statements for the glitches on a phone-he'd come right out and try to improve it for us. :/ He looked bad in his photos when he left apple too, R.I.P Steve your such a visionary and truly talented man<3

cyringe

He actually died a or something ago.........i saw on yahoo one afternoon a few days ago that a fox news channel accidentally or mistakenly said Mr Jobs has died. so they retracted the news and i knew he was dead but they want to keep it secret until after yesterdays release of the new phone.
now his followers could say he waited to release the new iphone before he died. just saying!!!!
rest in peace steve!!!

bring back recent posts

I don't know how I feel about that term.." died peacefully"..I mean..I have witnessed it more times than I care too think about..but every time..I always wonder about WHEN ur loved one IS having their last thought..b4 they go into coma...etc..and " die peacefully'...they can't talk as they have that moment..they can't even cry....but..I don't imagine PEACE in their mind..has to b friggen terrifying..u know that time is coming..just saying..I'll grateful his pain is over..bless his loved ones left behind.

MissKnownUnknown

At the end of the day we are all the same. Money can not buy forever. May the Lord have mercy on his soul, R.I.P.

DN

The Leonardo DaVinci of our time!

PRO US

Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs.

He was a genius and a one of the most successful entrepreneurs, CEOs, inventors, designers, innovators and marketers, and probably many more things.

However, I noticed that in all the interviews in which people marveled at all he accomplished, not 1 person ever said that he was a warm, nice, friendly, honest, ethical, decent, good, compassionate or charitable person. Not 1. And many said or implied the opposite.

PRO US

His family, no doubt, is in great pain, mourning his passing. I am sure they will soon be able to also celebrate his life and the love he had for them and his work and they will be able to enjoy all those billions and billions of dollars that he earned so they can pleasure themselves in orgies of never ending spending sprees on luxury goods for the rest of their lives, and 100 times over.

Dawn

He has left a life lesson for us all....never give up on that dream..even when others do... We wil miss you!

Apple

Pompano Ann

Thank you for the Tunes! Rest in Peace!!