Steve Jobs' Family

He Died 'Peacefully'

10/5/2011 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Setve Jobs died peacefully
Steve Jobs "died peacefully today surrounded by his family" .... the Apple mogul's family said in a statement.

The family said, "In his public life, Steve was known as a visionary; in his private life, he cherished his  family."

"We are thankful to the many people who have shared their wishes and prayers during the last year of Steve’s illness; a website will be provided for those who wish to offer tributes and memories."

The statement concludes, "We are grateful for the support and kindness of those who share our feelings for Steve. We know many of you will mourn with us, and we ask that you respect our privacy  during our time of grief."

1006_iphone_fans_footer

Apple

Dontworryaboutmy name

A great icon has passed!! He changed the world of technology forever.

"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." -- Steve Jobs

Sandra

He was such a visionary and a stellar man!! I am saddened by the news and feel sorry for his family!!

Jackie

R.I.P Steve...You will always be with us.<3

Lauralee

I am proud of how couragous Steve Jobs was with his diagnosis and treatment. My father also died of pancreatic cancer at age 51. It is a cruel disease and takes a strong person to continue after they are diagnoised. I can only imagine what he and his family went through from my own accounts. I hope that through his creativity and amazement that this will inspire research in the area of pancreatic cancer to help others.

hoangthangpt

so sad !

lorjon

He changed the world as we know it. Will probably take another 50 years for someone of his caliber and genius.

bring back recent posts

hmmmmm...I can't help but think...did he wait until he could re really rest in peace....the man has made the most amazing steps forward in our history, was prolly relieved too let his soul go..knowing the Flintstones's version of are modern day woman, has announced she won't b running for President!
Imagine...how such a brilliant man who tried to make mankind smarter quivered at the very thought of such illogical thinking on part of Americans...I mean..it was a Presidential candidate who wanted her...wtf? poor guy..thankgod for technology..or else the USA would b a 3rd world country by now...oh wait....they r't as in debt!
suxs the smart ones can't lead the country! Obama is best chance...I pray for him all the time..what a mess he walked into!
...oh well..we can be thamkful for the 1% genious from Mr.Jobs...cause the other 99%..well...goes down from there...and look at the population of usa
sad state of affairs
oh well

Cathy

He suffered greatly in the last few years, so I'm glad he's not in pain anymore. Condolences to his family, and RIP, Steve.

The King

Steve was a KING. We will miss him dearly. More at: http://www.kingsays.com/2011/10/06/steve-jobs-has-died/

Kabala

Very, very sad news. He seemed to be the heart and soul of Apple Computer.

tazer

Didn't he alredy die? How can he die twice this same thing was posted a while ago? Maybe I dreamed it I dream the future sometimes.

OC born and raised

The suffering is over on this earth for you, Steve.The healing has to begin on this earth for your family.May you all be with the one and only God in the end,together again!
RIP a wonderful mind gone!

Craig

A very special human being. I hope there's more for Steve...somewhere...somehow I get the feeling he was only just getting started. Thank you for everything.

TMZ Is Destined To Be The Next News of The World

This truly saddens me. May his soul rest in eternal peace.