"X-Factor" Contestant

Pressing On After Father Dies

10/6/2011 1:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Stacy Francis X-Factor
42-year-old "X-Factor" contestant and single mom Stacy Francis was rocked to the core two weeks ago -- after learning her father had died -- but after an agonizing inner struggle, she's decided to continue with the show.

Stacy made it to round two last month -- receiving unanimous approval from the judges for her blowout audition (below) -- but soon after launching into the "X-Factor" boot camp, she received news her father had unexpectedly passed.

Sources close to Stacy tell TMZ -- Stacy strongly considered quitting the show to be with her family -- but ultimately decided to stay ... believing that's what her father would have wanted.

One source tells us, “it has been such an emotional roller coaster for her.”

OnlineCriticChick

I verified *truth* - he/she is right, Stacy was a singer before, and even more so she is a Scientology worshipper, not saying it changes how I feel, but x factor shouldnt make it look like she is a 40 yr old undiscovered amazing talent when she was previously in a girl band named X for short. not sure how i feel now.

SantaFeJack

Is that a stud in her lower lip?

steve

Imreally getting sick of this contestant and her pimping...and the constant portrayal (false I might add) as a stay at home mom who just woke up one day and decided to sing. Google her people...Stacy Francis has been a star on Broadway in various shows...She even originated a role on Footloose the Musical. She's not someone who never had a chance and was just some stay at home mom who decided to go audition for XF one day. If the media would report this more, I think there would be a backlash. We already know with all the Simon pimping that she will be in the live shows

ME

I love her she is the best! I hope she wins!!!!

Melnick

Why do you refer to her as a single mom, rather than ex-Broadway performer? She had big parts in big productions like Footloose, so she's not some housewife overcoming a life of hard knocks. Good grief, this is the fakest contestant ever.

nicole

She has a great voice!

Straight Talkin Texan

Heartfelt and good. I wouldn't say it was great.

scoobiedoosnacks

That comment she made, "I don't want to die with the music in me" in the 1st audition pleeeeze! She's been on broadway, sang in the 90's group X-girlfriend, sang with Prince and Chaka Khan, Sang at Tom Cruise Scientology B-day 3 years ago. Was a contestant on BET's Sunday's Best Compeition. Sorry to hear about her father, though.

canukeepme happy

i loved it she took that song and made it hers!! walk by faith and not by sight stacy,you are amazing,talented and beautiful

Rob Lail

Stacy Francis - The song for you to sing is Whitney Houston's Try it on my Own.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2