Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Dr. Conrad Murray

Explosive Interview with Police

The Blow-by-Blow

10/7/2011 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

“I have to sleep, Dr. Conrad, I have these rehearsals to perform.” That’s what Dr. Conrad Murray told investigators Michael Jackson said to him in the early morning hours of June 25th, 2009. Hours later, Jackson was dead.
In what's been the most anticipated evidence in the trial, the prosecution played the jury Dr. Murray's 2-hour interview with LAPD detectives, recorded 2 days after MJ died.
Murray told detectives he arrived at Jackson’s rented mansion at 12:50 AM on June 25, and headed straight to Michael’s room to wait for him to come home after rehearsals.  According to Murray, Jackson arrived at 1:05 am saying he was tired and fatigued.  Murray rubbed a cream on Michael’s body to treat his Vitiligo ... then gave Michael a 10 mg Valium pill.  Michael couldn’t sleep, so Murray says he then gave him 2 mg of the anti-anxiety drug, Lorazepam.

Jackson complained he still couldn’t fall asleep, so Murray gave him 2 mg of the sedative Midazolam around 2am.   MJ remained awake.  Dr. Murray said he suggested turning down the music in the room ... and meditation.   Murray said Michael “reluctantly" closed his eyes, finally dozing off around 3:15 am, only to reawaken at 4:00 am.
At 4:30 am Murray said Michael said, “I have to sleep, Dr. Conrad, I have to sleep."   Murray gave MJ another 2 mg of Lorazepam.   Again, according to Dr. Murray, Michael couldn’t sleep.  Jackson was still wide awake at 7:30 am, so Dr. Murray administered another 2 mg of Midazolam, yet Michael remained awake and complaining that he was going to have to cancel the “This is It” tour.
Murray said Michael began to beg for his “milk,” the slang for Propofol.   Murray agreed to give him 25 mg of the powerful sedative around 10:50 am, slowly infused over 3 to 4 minutes.  Murray said Michael finally fell asleep around 11 am.
Dr. Murray said he monitored Michael  long enough until he felt comfortable to leave the room, that’s when Murray told the detectives that he went to the bathroom and was gone for about two minutes.
Murray said when he came back, he found Michael not breathing with an accelerated pulse.   Murray said he began mouth to mouth on Michael, and then chest compressions with one hand.    Murray said he couldn’t take Michael off the bed to a harder surface, so he improvised by placing his left hand under the body.  Murray said while he was giving compressions, he called MJ’s assistant on his cell.   He said didn’t ask the assistant to call 911 because he was busy giving CPR.  Murray also told detectives he didn’t call 9-1-1 himself because he didn’t know the zip code for Michael’s house.
Dr. Murray said he lifted Michael’s legs in the air to get more blood flowing to his heart.  Murray told detectives that he then went downstairs to ask Michael’s chef to get security, who called 9-1-1.  Murray continued CPR until the paramedics arrived and hooked Jackson up to a pulse oximeter and got him intubated.
Murray told detectives paramedics were talking to UCLA medical center and ready to give up, but he begged them to transfer care to him because Michael was his friend.   Murray rode with Michael in the ambulance to UCLA, where Murray said they worked on Michael for about an hour.
After Michael was gone, the ER doctor asked Murray what happened, and he told her that maybe it was a massive pulmonary embolism.  Murray told detectives he didn’t sign the death certificate because he didn’t understand the cause of death.
As far as Michael’s use of drugs, Murray told detectives he was surprised at Michael’s knowledge about all the different pills and medications he took.   Murray said he first learned that Michael used Propofol when he asked Dr. Murray to help him get the drug.   Murray said that Michael gave him the number of another doctor who would be able to provide it to him.   In the interview, Murray said he called the other doctor, who said, “Michael loves that drug.”
Murray said he gave Michael Propofol every night for 30 days, except for three when he was trying to “wean him off.”  Murray insisted that in the three days before Michael’s death he was trying to wean him off “milk,” giving MJ more Lorazepam and Diazepam to bring down the Propofol.    Murray said two nights before MJ’s death, he had given him no Propofol and thought he was “onto  something.”
The next night, that wasn’t the case.

No Avatar

Andrea in Ohio    

I never heard of a doctor who didn't know basic CPR. A 15 yr old would have handled this better. To think he, and I don't even consider him a doctor, would order medical supplies/drugs and have them shipped to his "girlfriend", would not be forthcoming to the paramedics, ER Staff and others.. to hide or remove evidence from the room, to leave and go to the bathroom..( yeah, sure you did.. just needed time to clean up your criminal behavior)really, most of us can "hold off on going to the restroom, especially during a crucial time. And he wants us to believe that Michael Jackson said this or that... I am sure it would be disputed if Michael was here. This guy is a liar and fraud and he was not a doctor or friend to Michael Jackson. To tape Michael tells me that he looked at Michael as a joke and not a patient. If he was taping Michael for medical reasons, he would have stated that at the beginning of the tape, as professionals do for do***entation along with date, time and medical assessment. And what is.." I gave him his milk?" What kind of medical terminology is that? Six weeks on the job and your patient dies? Does he really expect to be paid $150,000? Ha.. I didn't have a working phone.. ( Um.. your cell worked fine to call your girlfriend) The staff should have drug him out of the house and locked the door right then and there. What a joke.

922 days ago


jazz: 3 days ago

wow, considering he had 2 days to get his story straight he didn't do a very good job.

1. inconsistencies with the pee bottle and whether he was on phone or peeing.
2. he couldn't get jackson on the floor (6'5" hulk can't drag a skinny bloke to the floor) and does cpr with one hand behind jacksons back.
3. was too busy doing cpr to call 911, but was not too busy to stop either chest compressions or supporting the back and make not one, but two calls, neither to 911.
4. This interview would also indicate that murray got jackson hooked on propofol in the first place. He was his personal doctor for 2 months (approx 60 days). He had been giving jackson propofol every night for 30 the previous 30 nights he didn't use propofol, so he wasn't addicted then.
5. If jackson was warm and had a pulse then jackson should have been able to be saved by a cardiologist (where was your defibrilator doctor...surely you know you need one). If he had done proper cpr on the floor with both hands and called 911 immediately (der...just der) he could have saved jackson.

This guy must be some sort of sociopath to have the nerve to say he did not cause this death. He is only facing 4 years, wouldn't a normal person say "i'm sorry, i was wrong on so many levels" and cop this very light punishment instead of dragging it out and embarrassing himself even more by trying to convince people that anything he did was acceptable, because from start to finish nothing was.

Great observations!

"This guy must be some sort of sociopath to have the nerve to say he did not cause this death." Yes, just like with Scott Peterson. The disbelief that it is his fault. And the lack of empathy.

922 days ago


Helloooutthere: 4 days ago

what are you talking about???? This article was a summary of the recorded interview that was aired today in the courtroom. TMZ didn't make this up
I know that. It's still TMZ spin nontheless. The recording in court, articles like this one regardless of who wrote it, is not proof of what happened to michael at holmby hills. Everyone trying to explain it, when the surveillance was turn off, and michael jackson's phone records have not been released after over two years is nothing but a cover up. There's a huge difference between murray's story and all the gaps that would be accounted for if surveillance was avaliable (staples center and holmby hills) and MJ's phone records were made public. Everything is being released accept this vital information. No one in the media or the court will even address it. the fact that you cannot see this means the lies and cover up are working in the minds of those like you who cannot think critically or for themselves.

btw: tmz please do not revisit that story about michael being seen coming home at 12:30 am and the surveillance being lost forever. Eyewitnesses on the dance and production teams went on the record over two years ago that michael was still at the staples center at 1:00am.
while I believe the surveillance is "lost", I believe it was "lost" to cover up Michael's murder and who's involoved other than murray.(jmo)

920 days ago

angry A    


920 days ago


What kind of doctor is going to give tons of anti-anxiety meds to treat insomnia? Any other doctor would have gave him Ambien. He sounds more like a drug dealer rather then a doctor. Just a thought....

920 days ago


He gave 30 days of propofol injections? What more is there to say? GUILTY!

919 days ago

Dose Of Reality    

MJ de-vilified propofol by calling it "MILK"
MJ de-vilified wine by calling it "Jesus Juice"
What the heck did he mean by "sharing my bed"

919 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Around The Web