« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Falcons Stadium Announcer

WAY TOO EXCITED

for Moment of Silence

10/10/2011 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It seems the stadium announcer in Atlanta never got the memo on how to switch from EXCITED VOICE to somber voice ... because dude intro'd a moment of silence for AL Davis on "Sunday Night Football" last night -- and he couldn't have been more FIRED UP!!!!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Dick

C'mon guys. You screwed the pooch on this one.

PL

I don't get it. I listened to this 3 times and I just do not see what TMZ is talking about. There was nothing wrong or disrespectful with the way this was announced.

Dennis White

??????????? non-starter!!!!!!!!

Josh

I think perhaps an intern or someone 'new' to TMZ posted this? This is a non-story

Vernon P. Alarcon

Ladies and gentlemen!
LET'S GET READY TO ... GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!

Vernon P. Alarcon

EEEEEEEEEEEVE!

adawg

There is nothing wrong with the way he said it, sounded normal to me. He did not sound "pumped up", and I was actually watching that game too.

emmanuel

i will in the NFL one day i promise i never give up on my dream

Moe

YAWN

Todd Anderson

...in addition to my already posted comment... The "Announcer in question here may very well not even be a "DUDE"... he may be a "NON_DUDE"... but I can tell you that He's The Voice of mist "Drops" across the U.S. on most Urban (Black) Radio Stations... which would deem him a "DUDE". If he isn't Black...he sure sounds it... so either way TMZ...whether you've identified "DUDE" based on his Stereotypical Sound or based on you possibly knowing his identity being different than the the guy who's shown at the end of your "Stupid Story Clip"... you're Racist either way..."DUDE"! Very disappointing!!!

Todd Anderson

This is TMZ Racism @ it's BEST!!! It's evident you guys have no Black People working within the realms of determining what's appropriate and what isn't. Only a WHITE GUY would deem the Announcer's "delivery" over-zealous... He's a "DUDE" (as you so strategically noted)... so "DUDE'S" are Culturally different than "NON-DUDE'S" and this announcer's delivery is an example of that. His delivery (being an African-American Announcer myself) is subdued appropriately for him. Implement some Cultural Diversity Training and Awareness within your TMZ Organization and avoid any future embarrassment, such as this, in front of almost everyone who has commented that this story is RIDICULOUS!!!!! ... (but at the same time gives insight as to the Ignorance of the Staff @ TMZ). This Announcer, and your readers / internet guests, deserve an apology...IMMEDIATELY!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5