Beyonce

Stomach Folding Video

Ignites Pregnancy Controversy

10/11/2011 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101111_beyonce_still

We know it sounds ridiculous ... but the Internet is buzzing with rumors that Beyonce is NOT really pregnant and she's wearing a fake stomach in an elaborate cover-up. Now, a controversial new video is fueling the fire.

Beyonce appeared on an Australian TV show this weekend called "Sunday Night" -- wearing a tight red dress that accentuated her baby bump.

But when B sits down in her chair, her bump appears to collapse inward, leading many to believe it's not B's real bump after all ... but a prosthetic device intended to deceive.

photo that started beyonce not pregnant rumors

So why would B fake preggo? There are rumors that she has hired a surrogate mother to carry the kid, so she won't have to put her body through the strains of pregnancy.

But color us skeptical -- because last month, Bey bared all during a vacation in Croatia with Jay-Z ... revealing what looks like a totally legit baby bump.

1011_beyonce_sipa2We called B's camp for comment -- but we haven't heard back yet.

So, we gotta ask ...

Sookie

I am not doubting her pregnancy. I think she is in that awkward stage of pregnancy where none of your regular clothes fit but maternity clothes are too big. Her vanity kicked in and she put on a larger bump to make her clothing look better.

Courtney

the people running thse rumors are idiots that don't know a child doesn't stay in the same position in their mothers uterus for the entire nine months of a pregnancy nor that first pregnancies show later unless mommy to be is petite which Beyonce isn't she's 5'7" unlike Nicole Richie who is 5'2"

Scarlett

If you guys check out the slowed down version of this video on juicy mag online dot com (website) it is soooo obvious that it is just extra material on the dress. When you see her walk in you can see the baggy material of the dress and as she sits it folds.

Sonja

That is not a 'pregnancy line' in the bikini photo is is a chain.. she is missing the dark line that runs from navel to groin that almost all pregnant women get. She also looks like she is using muscles in that picture to 'push out' her smooth belly. The video is in no way 'the dress' , the dress is form fitting to the belly, when the belly piece collapsed in the dress went along with it. Also as was pointed out her expression and the way in which she bends over rear first into the seat is not characteristic of a woman that large getting into a sitting position. Also the 'announcement' at the MTV awards? .. really? I'm not sure what is going on but I'm leaning towards the 'not' pregnant side of the argument.

Turkenstein

It is obvious that her dres is riding up when you see the stepped photos.

Al

Still boggles the mind how someone as beautiful as her is with Jay Z

Sonja

Odd too that they reveal a 'sneak peek' of her new upcoming video where she is sporting a rather large baby bump... so is that one real? When was that filmed? Was it fake for the video.. is this all to get people to watch the video?

convinced

most pregnant women fall back when sitting in a chair, not forward....what part of the game is that? Instinctively, we're afraid we'll crush the baby (which we wont) but thats just how we think. This isnt the way a pregnant woman sits down. Im calling it a fake pregnancy!!

Jenny

She's TOTALLY wearing a fake bump, and the pic from her vacation looks to me like she's just sticking her stomach out. She does not look pregnant in that pic to me. I can force my stomach out like that and look like I'm in the early stages of a pregnancy. From what I've read, B wasn't ready for a child (she said in interviews) not too long ago. I totally believe that she doesn't want to mess with her (probably insured) figure, and paid a surrogate. I don't see anything wrong with that at all, but why go through so much publicity BS to lead the public to believe that you're pregnant when you're not? Totally lame in my book.

Lauren

its weird because in the video it definitely looks fake but she cant be fake pregnant if the pic last month clearly shows a baby bump

Michelle

Maybe they lost their baby and she is faking til they adopt an infant about the time she would deliver. She wouldn't want the sympathy, and she wouldn't want the drama surrounding the adoption. Regardless, it is their life and their choice.

DJo

I don't think this is her in the video. You never get a clear look at her face.

DJo

I don't think this is her in the video. You never get a clear look at her face.

Melanie

I really don't know now... Maybe she's not as far along as she wants people to think she is.

LAC

Maybe she's wearing a prosthetic to throw people off of how far along she actually is?