Beyonce

Stomach Folding Video

Ignites Pregnancy Controversy

10/11/2011 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101111_beyonce_still

We know it sounds ridiculous ... but the Internet is buzzing with rumors that Beyonce is NOT really pregnant and she's wearing a fake stomach in an elaborate cover-up. Now, a controversial new video is fueling the fire.

Beyonce appeared on an Australian TV show this weekend called "Sunday Night" -- wearing a tight red dress that accentuated her baby bump.

But when B sits down in her chair, her bump appears to collapse inward, leading many to believe it's not B's real bump after all ... but a prosthetic device intended to deceive.

photo that started beyonce not pregnant rumors

So why would B fake preggo? There are rumors that she has hired a surrogate mother to carry the kid, so she won't have to put her body through the strains of pregnancy.

But color us skeptical -- because last month, Bey bared all during a vacation in Croatia with Jay-Z ... revealing what looks like a totally legit baby bump.

1011_beyonce_sipa2We called B's camp for comment -- but we haven't heard back yet.

So, we gotta ask ...

kgo

I don't think that first picture is even her...why aren't they showing her face at ALL?

HeavySilk

She's rimming her belly with her hand when she sits down, which in still frames (which deform) makes the belly look much deeper, bigger, than when she's standing. What I see is a very silky dress with a lot of weight to the fabric that is not 'tight' but rather clingy. I think the dress must be sliding against some pretty high tech underwear/spanx and it sort of slips forward. I see the 'slipping' action of heavy silk here.

Lalalala

Maybe it's for protection. she is afraid that some crazy jealous fan will punch her stomach or throw something at it, or maybe she is afraid that if she falls or has a car accident that something will happen to her baby. It is pretty clear that she IS pregnant, I mean look at her bikini pictures.

angela

Now, I'm not saying that she is faking it

But this is Paz de la Huerta from Boardwalk Empire. On the show her character is pregnant and her baby bump looks pretty real. So I guess it isn't completely out of the realm of possibility to have a fake baby bump.

I know that all women are different but my sister is currently 6 months pregnant and her baby bump wasn't that size yet, and wasn't as round as Beyonce's bump. But again, every woman is different.

Carol

...and if you all took a closer look at the video, that woman is CLEARLY NOT Beyonce Knowles. Don't be so easily taken!

Ash

Actually, the photo at the beach looks as though it is latex/prosthetic on her belly, you can barely see a visible lighter line around the stomach area and the bump is noticeably darker than her skintone. There is different texture and color on the bell. NOT REAL. She probably does have a surrogate.

Adrienne

I am now skeptical. However the bikin pics DO NOT necessarily indicate a baby bump. I am a thick female that can suck in my tummy to make it flat when I want it to appear so, BUT i can also LET IT ALL HANG out and you'd swear I have a baby in the belly. I would'nt put anything past these stars.

Jessica

She could be wearing a padded Girdle, which they offer to pregnant women, and I'd say that is what bent with her dress, and it was just over exaggerated by bending down.

Me

If this is true SO SAD she is under sooo much pressure she feels she has to go thru all this for PR! Let the woman have her baby...However she chooses to.

msg

If that's real, it's very unusual! Nothing would surprise me about these self-absorbed celebs though. Giving birth is the hardest but most rewarding thing a woman can do - beats those cleanses she does that are much harder on the body! She should admit if there is a surrogate and not lie.

S.D.W.

Beyonce's pregnant just not as pregnant as the fake bump would lead you to believe. I still don't understand why she's fake bumping it. It's all very bizarre.

mommy

caught!

jen

fake...and i'm sure when the surrogate has the baby "they will be twins" all of stars have twins and swear that its natural....right...

JoJo

doesn't anyone remember the picture of Beyonce and JZ a few weeks ago on a beach, in a bikini? tummy in full view... did not look fake there...

although this video does look a little weird, i am not sure what happened there, but the bikini pic did not look like it could be faked...

melissa

Please, she is pregnant, she has probably just put on more fat than "baby" at this point. Give a girl a break. Even Pregnant she is harassed about her body