Hilary Swank

I REGRET Attending Party

for Alleged Murdering Warlord

10/13/2011 5:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hilary Swank
Hilary Swank
says she probably should have said "no" ... when she was invited to a birthday party for the President of Chechnya last week ... saying she had no idea he's been accused of torturing and killing a bunch of people.

Swank -- along with Jean Claude Van Damme and others -- attended a concert in Chechnya for president Ramzan Kadyrov on Oct. 5 ... and immediately came under fire from human rights groups.

Now, Swank has issued a statement ... saying, "I deeply regret attending this event. If I had a full understanding of what this event was apparently intended to be, I would never have gone."

Swank says at the time she accepted the invitation to the concert ... she had no idea the event was intended to honor Kadyrov.

FYI -- Kadyrov has been accused of torturing and murdering a BUNCH of his political rivals, though Kadyrov says it's all BS ... made up by his enemies to discredit him.

UPDATE: Swank gave a speech at the event ... and even said, HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to the President. When someone on stage asked how Hilary knew about Kadyrov's birthday, she replied, "I read ... I do my research."

OooooNooo!

Like many in Holly-weird, she needs "people" to tell her what is correct. Total waste of space.

Mumra the Ever Living

Actually, she said absolutely nothing. Has she returned the money? Paid for her room and board? How about the round trip 1st class airplane ticket? I doubt if she ponied up any of the many expenses to attend something in an impoverished backwater of the former Soviet Union. Just a bunch of crap from someone who has no clue.

fkeys

Ramzan Kadyrov looks exactly like one of the characters in "We Own The Night". Same murdering type as well.

wiptidoo

So many of the Hollyweird people are "airheads." They are paid to look pretty and do their lines, not to think. Sad, but true!

Rogue Warrior

Hopefully they were Nancy Disgrace lovers!

DirtySouth

Seriously? Anytime I get ready to travel to some place with which I'm unfamiliar, I'll at least look it up in Wikipedia. There's a whole section on the current human rights issues and Kadyrov's involvement. Also, whether she knew it was an event to honor Kadyrov beforehand is moot. After she found out, she still honored him by wishing him happy birthday. So, she's lying about her regret. First, she could've easily found information on the country, but didn't care to do so. Second, she says she didn't know beforehand about it being an event honoring him. Is she implying that, if she knew it was to honor him, she wouldn't have accepted the invite? If so, why wouldn't she accept the invite? Because of the human rights abuses? But, Hillary, you said you had no idea he committed human rights abuses. See the gross contradiction, and, therefore, the lie? Hope the paycheck helps you sleep well at night, clueless.

I.H.D.A.N's

B1tch did it for the money.!

Lena

Looks like Whitney forgot that "crack is whack." Betcha she's back on the stuff. Leave the crack and gack alone Whitney.
Your daughter is hooked now too. Aren't you ashamed of yourself?

Lena

Whoops comment for wrong article. My comment for this one is:
When is this young man going to make another movie? Been out of the public eye for a while. Maybe he can have a comeback as the second transgendered dancer on DWTS

London Vik

Maybe she should give the money to charity instead of paying lip service like all the other hacks

Celebrities Suck

her story about not knowing about the situation is BS$#%T who goes to another country and not know what they are putting themselves into? I will no longer watch any of her stu@$#D movies.

freaksloan

The leftist in Hollywood LOVE Murderous leaders and dictators.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Since when did somebody decide that entertainers were to have high moral standards and responsibilities? They never were before. It is their duty to entertain not to be the public moral compass.

Celebrities Suck

all these celebrities are all hypocrite. It's about time you all wake up. They are just like the media, they will feed lies to their fans all they care is making money. How could these American celebs preach to their American fans about bullying but it's ok for them to travel to a country that people support mass murdering? what a contradictions. I hope whatever money you made to go to this party helps you sleep at night. I never liked your movies anyway.

Tammy

As the man has not been found guilty of a crime, she has no need to apologize. If people based their decisions on mere accusations, well....I guess you know what would happen.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments